User Tag List

Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    you sneak 10 min a day hiit a few times a week and you'll light up the fatburning, don't take much, maybe the new wood will do it--if you can last 10 min
    That's a big if. Or more accurately, an average sized if. According to the textbooks, anyway....
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tell you what, here is a scientific experiment, plan a movie night, watch this movie Don Juan DeMarco (1994) - YouTube Don Juan Demarco on youtube, it's the whole movie, do something nice, you know, out of character for you, and by the end of the movie, my hypothesis is that there will be a cardio session, with a probability >0.05. Be sure she hasn't had a busy day, has made time for herself. This movie if you haven't seen it is magic. Maybe spend an hour with her looking at old photos before the movie, don't forget your lil blue pills.

I had a breakthrough with my wife (not to hjack too much), she has her mojo back. The solution actually was pretty simple, not sure how I missed it before. Turns out, that I was just an asshole. I've been nice and things are great-go figure
    Last edited by olddawg; 04-12-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The solution actually was pretty simple, not sure how I missed it before. Turns out, that I was just an asshole.
    I LOL'ed at this.

Thanks for the tips. Getting us both in the same house at the same time, when at least one of us isn't dog tired is a bit of a feat. She's gone for the weekend, but lately, I get home and she's tired and about to go to bed. Weekends are generally busy, but we'll eventually connect. She and I are far beyond the lack of sex damaging our relationship at this point. We went through that damage control years ago. When it happens, it'll be a nice addition to the relationship again. We'll get there. Timing is just tough lately with long long days.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that was a guy you were trying to train in the gym, and he made all those excuses of why he couldn't make it, what would you tell him?

I once spent a day with an old man helping him plant a carolinean forest, not sure what we were talking about but he said to me "we make time for the things we think are important."

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I LOL'ed at this.

Thanks for the tips. Getting us both in the same house at the same time, when at least one of us isn't dog tired is a bit of a feat. She's gone for the weekend, but lately, I get home and she's tired and about to go to bed. Weekends are generally busy, but we'll eventually connect. She and I are far beyond the lack of sex damaging our relationship at this point. We went through that damage control years ago. When it happens, it'll be a nice addition to the relationship again. We'll get there. Timing is just tough lately with long long days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that was a guy you were trying to train in the gym, and he made all those excuses of why he couldn't make it, what would you tell him?

I once spent a day with an old man helping him plant a carolinean forest, not sure what we were talking about but he said to me "we make time for the things we think are important."
    But I don't train guys with excuses. I just train myself. :-)

I understand your message. I'd rather spend 90 minutes in the gym and get home later, to be honest. lol. I can still come home give her a kiss goodnight and tell her I love her. I'm in a much better mood and better frame of mind if I take care of my stress in the gym before I come home. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    But I don't train guys with excuses. I just train myself. :-)

I understand your message. I'd rather spend 90 minutes in the gym and get home later, to be honest. lol. I can still come home give her a kiss goodnight and tell her I love her. I'm in a much better mood and better frame of mind if I take care of my stress in the gym before I come home. :-)
    well and if she's too tired I hear that Ippy is available, caboose option

oh and btw, thanks for the candy covered poision, I say that line every day she msgs me, the thought of "maybe just a lil poison and some tudca" always enters but I've been successful so far, thanks again!
    Last edited by olddawg; 04-12-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Training Review and Update:

I've been on TRT for nearly 5 months now. My training, when I began TRT, was extremely light, as I had been physically ill with bronchial/coughing issues for nearly 5 months and was out of the gym entirely for that period of time. Once I began TRT, the bronchial issues resolved themselves in a nearly miraculous way when all other treatments had failed.

So, because I really was physically weak, and was dealing with some nagging knee issues and shoulder issues, I started out and remained training very light for high reps of 30-60. I had never incorporated such high reps into my training before. I was doing well, though my shoulder pain was really not resolving entirely, even with regular PT exercises that I performed at the gym. The high rep training did not lend itself to gaining strength at all, but I got great pumps and I experienced a gain in lean muscle size. Not any kind of size to get excited about, mind you, but I could see and feel the growth and that was good enough for me.

I had a hiccup in my training for about a month when the combination of my father dying and my workload getting backed up and requiring my time to get caught up all hit me at the same time. So, about a month later I began training again at the encouragement of one of my friends who handed me his extra set of workout clothes one day when I was working a block from a local gym and said "come train with me today". Well, I can't thank him enough. That one day got me started again. That was about 5 weeks ago and my training has been progressing well.

Since I had been away from the gym for a month, I just worked out whatever muscles he did, and in a similar set/rep pattern, so the high rep stuff went away for the most part, except for finishing movements. I remember I was having a hard time pushing 60 lb dumbells on bench press for 8 reps, even.

Well, between twice weekly workouts for each bodypart for the last several weeks, and the addition of tren about the week prior to coming back to the gym, I am now using 110 pounders for the same exercise and my shoulder is at about 85% which is a huge improvement. The shoulder seems to get a little better every week.

I think I promised a pic around the 3 month mark, but I figure late is better than never. Please note that these pics are done in the interest of showing progress on my journey and certainly not to stroke an ego. I have miles and miles to go in order to regain a "bodybuilder's physique", and I'm painfully aware of that.

To compare, below I have reposted a pic I took 5 months ago, the week of my first injection, as a baseline.

Last edited by burlyman30; 04-14-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burly's TRT journey

I see a lotta muscle there, mate, and some more of it just itching to bust out. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    I see a lotta muscle there, mate, and some more of it just itching to bust out. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, that's kind of you to say so.

Oh one other thing I forgot to mention...

I had to break down and buy a couple pairs of jeans today. All of my jeans that are decent enough to wear around town (unlike my work jeans) were not fitting right and too big around the waist. I've lost a bit of fat around the middle (still have a lot more there). But I've already gone from my 34 jeans and my 33s are getting baggy. Even the two nice pair of 32s just don't fit right and so I had to buy a couple pairs of 32w Dickies, which, for some reason, fit my body best. They cinch up around the waist, but still give my butt and legs room to move.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ur trying to get me hard arent you.

but for real man, aside from you being a dilf, you got a shit load of muscle on you, and you have a very good shape to you too. glad things are finally going well for ya man.