User Tag List

Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burly's TRT journey

Those who want to learn about TRT in general can read up on some excellent articles that JeliseJ has posted and ask general questions there. This thread will be more specific to my own journey.

I have an appointment coming up soon with an endo... I'll chronicle that journey here in this thread.

EDIT: Thanks to BBG, all of the updates are listed chronologically in the links below. I'll try to keep these updated to make for easier navigating. Thanks again for your loyal following of this critical change in my life.

Burly's TRT journey
    Burly's TRT journey - Page 2
    Burly's TRT journey - Page 4
    Burly's TRT journey - Page 6
    Burly's TRT journey - Page 8
    pics of test Burly's TRT journey - Page 10
    Burly's TRT journey - Page 10
    Burly's TRT journey - Page 11
    3 days post inj Burly's TRT journey - Page 13
    60hr post inj Burly's TRT journey - Page 13
    No libido change Burly's TRT journey - Page 15
    pics o' burly Burly's TRT journey - Page 16
    protocl changes Burly's TRT journey - Page 17
    Burly's TRT journey - Page 17
    weigh in Burly's TRT journey - Page 18
    target pins story Burly's TRT journey - Page 20
    100mg pin Burly's TRT journey - Page 21
    Oiler face/libido Burly's TRT journey - Page 24
    overall update Burly's TRT journey - Page 27
    Notable items Burly's TRT journey - Page 29
    Quick update Burly's TRT journey
    Last edited by burlyman30; 12-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I have an appointment coming up soon with an endo... I'll chronicle that journey here in this thread.
    Good luck bro'! You have my support, I'll try to help as much as possible.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: TRT

What are your base line bloods to start, B?

- Valdez
    Valdez

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Good luck bro'! You have my support, I'll try to help as much as possible.
    Very interested as well. I know you had been holding off, but I think it will be of great benefit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AresTS View Post
    What are your base line bloods to start, B?

- Valdez
    Tested at 67 about a month ago. Yikes. A couple years ago I was at 300, but that was with frequent use of otc test boosters.

A little background: I've been putting off TRT for several years. Libido dropped off significantly about 7 years ago and I did nothing about it until about 2.5 to 3 years ago, when I started back at the gym after an extended (many years) break. Having been a competitive BBer 20 years ago, muscle memory took affect and I made some quick gains, but also noticed that I gained a LOT of fat in the process. This was new to me, because in years past I had always stayed closer to 12-15% even in my "bulking mode". I knew my body had changed dramatically, so I fought against it with boosters, eating better, etc. Even with dietary changes, the bodyfat was/is pretty stubborn. Nothing like it used to be. Heck, when I would hit the treadmill in years past, the fat would just start melting off me. Not the case today.

As far as PHs... I think the last one I used was maybe in February or March. AndroBulk for about 12 weeks. I felt good on it. I made some gains, though I wasn't trying to "bulk" per se. These days I get fat too easily when I go that route (apparently my appetite far exceeds my metabolism). Post cycle, I was able to use boosters to get my test levels back up around the 300 level, but had not used any boosters since then. I have been dealing with chronic bronchitis since I caught a horrible virus in the summer and have not been able to work out because of the difficulty coughing/breathing. Apparently my test level has dropped quite a bit since then. So has my strength and muscle mass.

As for my bronchitis, I am finally getting referred to a pulmonologist to see what can be done.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeeze.. 67?! Do you have baselines from when you were younger?
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tested at 67 about a month ago. Yikes. A couple years ago I was at 300, but that was with frequent use of otc test boosters.

A little background: I've been putting off TRT for several years. Libido dropped off significantly about 7 years ago and I did nothing about it until about 2.5 to 3 years ago, when I started back at the gym after an extended (many years) break. Having been a competitive BBer 20 years ago, muscle memory took affect and I made some quick gains, but also noticed that I gained a LOT of fat in the process. This was new to me, because in years past I had always stayed closer to 12-15% even in my "bulking mode". I knew my body had changed dramatically, so I fought against it with boosters, eating better, etc. Even with dietary changes, the bodyfat was/is pretty stubborn. Nothing like it used to be. Heck, when I would hit the treadmill in years past, the fat would just start melting off me. Not the case today.

As far as PHs... I think the last one I used was maybe in February or March. AndroBulk for about 12 weeks. I felt good on it. I made some gains, though I wasn't trying to "bulk" per se. These days I get fat too easily when I go that route (apparently my appetite far exceeds my metabolism). Post cycle, I was able to use boosters to get my test levels back up around the 300 level, but had not used any boosters since then. I have been dealing with chronic bronchitis since I caught a horrible virus in the summer and have not been able to work out because of the difficulty coughing/breathing. Apparently my test level has dropped quite a bit since then. So has my strength and muscle mass.

As for my bronchitis, I am finally getting referred to a pulmonologist to see what can be done.
    jesus. don't put it off any longer man. unless u wanted to do what infamy does which is a scoop of toco8 and and some clomid every few days or "as needed" as he would say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Jeeze.. 67?! Do you have baselines from when you were younger?
    I seem to remember something in the 700s back in my youth. I got tested back after some cycling when I was 19. Back when hCG was considered PCT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    jesus. don't put it off any longer man. unless u wanted to do what infamy does which is a scoop of toco8 and and some clomid every few days or "as needed" as he would say.
    I'll be discussing options and protocols with my Endo this afternoon. I'll see what "she" has to say and I guess we will go from there.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: TRT

Do me a favor and keep us updated on both the bronchitis and TRT? I've been in healthcare for a while and stuff like this interests me. If you don't mind me asking a few questions...

Are you a past smoker? Ever been exposed to TB? What was the virus?

I'm sorry to hear that man. Lets get those numbers back up, its admirable that you were still hitting the weight the way you were before the bronchitis hit. I work with a couple of dudes that I convinced to get off (my whole fire station is on TRT) being that they're in their early 20's and they don't want to do anything, they barely even hit the gym anymore, which to me is sad to see that they were that dependent on test injections.

They are both naturally high, they purposely crushed their numbers to get on therapy. They stayed up all night drinking to lower and they still were at 500 but the clinic they go to has 500 in the range for treatment so.... that was that.

Testosterone 'R' Us clinics are everywhere here in AZ due to the high geriatric population.
    I'll be discussing options and protocols with my Endo this afternoon. I'll see what "she" has to say and I guess we will go from there.
    Keep us posted big dog. Good luck with the appointment

- Valdez
    Valdez