Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TRT help??

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Bill Dwyer View Post
    Even if you were it wouldn't really be damaging. I'm interested to see if something like this would work.
    Me too. I hope he tries it after verifying that it might help.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TSH was low at .38, free test very low 46, and total was 480. Starting trt per my doc. Endo wanted me to start last year due to the number being even lower. I was just curious why total would go up and free keep going down. Free controls your hormones. Total is run by the Sbgh, whi mine seems fine, but doesn't explain the decreasing low free test.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD48 View Post
    TSH was low at .38, free test very low 46, and total was 480. Starting trt per my doc. Endo wanted me to start last year due to the number being even lower. I was just curious why total would go up and free keep going down. Free controls your hormones. Total is run by the Sbgh, whi mine seems fine, but doesn't explain the decreasing low free test.
    not sure i understand this. Your SBGH is fine? What do you mean by free controls your hormones? sorry, slow on the reading comprehension today, i think

and by fine, what's the number? hows your prolactin?

pretty surprised the endo would start TRT on a 32 y.o. with decent numbers for total test before exhausting other options, but i don't know enough about TRT

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your SHBG was not fine. You see in world of hormones everything is relative, and you dont look into numbers but into balance.
    And also sometimes even numbers can be fine but problem can be in cellular level.
    Anyway- TSH is low, but TSH only tells us what brain thinks about thyroid hormones- but having low tt and tsh there is possibility that your pituary is underactive- which needs to be investigated as your TRT will depend on whether you are primary or secondary, and also you may need multiple-hormonal treatment.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    not sure i understand this. Your SBGH is fine? What do you mean by free controls your hormones? sorry, slow on the reading comprehension today, i think

and by fine, what's the number? hows your prolactin?

pretty surprised the endo would start TRT on a 32 y.o. with decent numbers for total test before exhausting other options, but i don't know enough about TRT
    I apologize, I meant my total appeared fine, not my SBGH. Honestly after reviewing the the labs, he had my head spinning. I dont have all the paperwork that they did. But i had a lot of flags, and sbgh was one. Just as my TSH, FT, and TT. I dont recall prolactin. Total did come up since september. But FT continued to fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize, I meant my total appeared fine, not my SBGH. Honestly after reviewing the the labs, he had my head spinning. I dont have all the paperwork that they did. But i had a lot of flags, and sbgh was one. Just as my TSH, FT, and TT. I dont recall prolactin. Total did come up since september. But FT continued to fall.
    No apologies necessary.

Jelisej is the man when it comes to hormonal interactions. It may be worth inquiring about his input with your doc

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This strikes me as odd, since the marker that most GPs and endos go by to alert them to low testosterone is the TT number. It is rare that they will even consider you for treatment if you are within the normal range. Most docs (even many endos) do not even test for FT. I'm glad you have someone looking out for you.

What have your symptoms been? I assume there was a reason you went in for tests in the first place.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't an endo normally look at his sbhg first before increasing test with exogenous sources?
    Not that I know the first thing about trt, but it seems curious to me

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was your E2 (estradiol)?