User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treating and controlling ADHD

I figured this may be the best place for said discussion, please relocate if not.

Like many warm blooded Americans, I have ADHD. The difference between me and 80% of the other people diagnosed with it is that I actually have a physiological error that causes chemical imbalances resulting in the ADHD, which isn't the case with the 80% that needs a good ass kicking to stop being so lazy.

That being said, I've had it treated in the past with medication, but with medicine becoming so expensive and f*cking hard to get a steady supply from a doctor (you have to get new prescriptions for almost all meds, no refills), I just got off of medication years ago.

I've been pretty fine without it, but with an upcoming major job relocation into a larger facility with my division manager, I'm going to need a little boost that isn't simply caffeine.

I've thought about jumping back on Adderall, which worked wonders, but it is outside my budget right now. There are other medications, but nothing easier/cheaper than the Adderall option.

Which brings me to the point of this thread (thank you to those who haven't bailed already). Does anyone have experience dealing with ADHD without straight up medication? Are there certain vitamins/minerals that can help? What about supplements? I've been scouting through some supplement options, and a bottle (typically a month supply) of anything out there is cheaper than my co-pay to get a month of any ADHD meds.

Thanks for any input.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my adhd seems to be greatly reduced when i use DHT compounds. i don't really believe in ADHD as a disorder, more an excuse to peddle drugs to those who's brain types don't work well with our society...

but i have a prescription for dexedrine and have had prescriptions for adderall and desoxyn as well.

cardio and lifting helps too.

- - - Updated - - -

avoiding marijuana always helps... but who wants to do that!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah, endoamp max seemed to help me too

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicotine mints work for me. I had Adderal and I agree the shit is amazing, but the nicorrette 2mil lozenges every four to six hours gives a nice boost. I suppose you could use them more frequently than that, but I haven't yet. Also, I supplement with agmatine sulfate ever since I tried it and discovered how well it worked for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    oh yeah, endoamp max seemed to help me too
    I second this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicotine gum i have been using for the last 2 weeks to see what's up with fat loss effects. 2 mg 2x a day, i feel that it helps for about 40 minutes and may have a rebound effect that lasts longer than that. i think overall i'm more clear headed without it... havent decided yet but regardless wont be using long term lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my adhd seems to be greatly reduced when i use DHT compounds. i don't really believe in ADHD as a disorder, more an excuse to peddle drugs to those who's brain types don't work well with our society...

but i have a prescription for dexedrine and have had prescriptions for adderall and desoxyn as well.

cardio and lifting helps too.

- - - Updated - - -

avoiding marijuana always helps... but who wants to do that!?
    It's interesting that you say this about DHT compounds. I was thinking that something like dermacrine might work nicely. I figure that most mental imbalances are chemical. I really liked the androenhance stuff for the mental effect as much as any other reason. The best that I have ever felt was with 1-t topical, which makes me think that dhea compounds and pregnenolone topically applied would be the ideal situation to boost mental energy and clarity.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does it seem odd that so many people need to treat ADHD?

plus, shit, if pot aggravates your medical condition and you can't stop using it...adhd may not be the biggest of your problrems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that was a joke, but i quit for extended periods fairly frequently.

as for topical dhea/preg... dermacrine sure made me do stuff but it also made me edgy and basically had as much sides as adderall though just mental not physical.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that was a joke, but i quit for extended periods fairly frequently.

as for topical dhea/preg... dermacrine sure made me do stuff but it also made me edgy and basically had as much sides as adderall though just mental not physical.
    DHEA is neuroprotective - there're some studies linking lack of it(especially in older women) to alzheimer's desease, But if the dermacrine ads don't lie it suppose to enter bloodstream as another compound?