User Tag List

Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to 20 rep widow makers all the time but my enderance is to there right now but I know the feeling and it feels GREAT.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    I use to 20 rep widow makers all the time but my enderance is to there right now but I know the feeling and it feels GREAT.
    Yeah bro! When I'm down there on the floor (I could care less if the whole gym is starring and talking trash) I am FREE! I am in another galaxy. And I just close my eyes and let go... let my mind go free.. and wander into the deepest unknown... Those few seconds, up to a minute or two at times (depending on how hard I killed it) I feel untouchable. I live for such moments!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was one of those days..... that was just awesome and yet painful as hell.

Gym's closed tomorrow because it's a national holiday on the Island. So I decided to take care of leg day today on top of what I had planned already.
    So I woke up, Went to the gym around 5am, killing cardio on the steps machine for 20 minutes, HIIT. I would hit the max level (20) for about 45-60 seconds, and then catch my breath on level 16 (which is still killer pace) for about a minute, until I reached 20 minutes. That got me sweating the whole day at work....

After work, in the afternoon, I went and did Shoulders and back. Went really heavy today. Since I'm 23 pounds lighter, I shoulder pressed up to 5 reps without a spot, good form good contraction with the 90 pound dumbbells. Through this cutting phase I seemed to have improved in a lot of contraction-movements and also form and control. So even though it was 90 pound dumbbell, as opposed to what I used to nail back in 2013, 105 dumbbells (with spot and horrible form and control compared to now), I felt really good that I still have that strength and the control I have gained.

Delts:
    Seated Dumbbell military press:
    30 x 40reps (weight = each dumbbell)
    55 x 25reps
    80 x 10reps
    80 x 8reps
    90 x 6reps (with a boost, mind you from a fitness girl I workout with, only at take off and the last 6th rep)

In front of the neck seated military press:
    135 x 15
    155 x 10
    175 x 7 dropped to 155 x 7

Side laterals with dumbbell superset with side laterals resistance cable:
    res cable x 20 really slow reps / 20 pounds dumbbells x 20

Bent down cable rear delts (one side at a time):
    55 x 20
    70 x 20
    85 x 20
    100 x 12 (killleeerrrrr burn and contraction wow!)

BACK
    4 wide grip front of neck pullups
    30 reps, 20 reps, 15 reps, 15 reps

Close grip in front of neck pulldown:
    No weight numbers, and can't really remember... went very heavy, drop sets, and mad contraction when the weight was dropped.

Barbell Rows:
    Barbell with the 45 x 20
    B with 70 x 15
    B with 90 x 15

Single arm cable rows:
    Can't remember either... but I remember the last set was 100 pounds x 12.

And that was it!!!! Had a meal at the gym mad peanut butter + blueberries + Baked potato's + Whole grain cereal from Kellogg's

Went home, go over some work, and ate, then went back to the gym and did legs

Legs:
    Leg Press
    90 x 60
    230 x 40
    320 x 30
    410 x 25
    590 x 12, training partner dropped 2 plates on each side, 410 x 15 (During the last 10 reps my head felt like it was gonna EXPLODE from the pressure and the HEAT wow!!!!)

Went into my own world for a moment..... set up the bar for squats...
    Squats
    135 x 30
    225 x 15

At this moment I was high.... I know I know... endorphin's... but this was BEYOND any endorphin high I could ever remember!!!! I was MAD HIGH!!!!

Killed Leg extensions:
    I can't even remember what weight or how many reps, but I know we killed it ala exhaustion style. Contracted for 10 seconds, slow negatives, HIGH reps, 21's... quads were just SWOLLEN!

Leg curls:
    Also can't remember, but we did likewise as to the leg extension

And then did like 150 reps of 2x 20 pound dumbbell Stiff leg deadz... just as a cool down.

I think I ate about 4000 cals today, even though I'm dieting. Body just NEEDED it!
    Meal I ate 30 minutes before leg workout (chicken, broc, cauliflower and carrot mix, Baked potato's):

Awesome Chicken and taterzz_March 2014.jpg

Meal when I got home from the leg workout (Awhile ago): 2 cups of oatmeal / 1/2 cup of whole grain wheat cereal / 1.5 cups of fresh blueberries / a cup of Pecan / Glutamine / BCAA / Cinnamon / Nutmeg / flax seeds)

Mad Oatmeal_March2014.jpg

I guess tonight I well have a good sleep.... hopefully. My body is trashed man... just trashed, but good trashed!!!!! No injury or anything, just MESSED UP!!!! and Tomorrow.... I will have to crawl out of bed! ugh! Good thing it's a holiday!!! I'm gonna sleep for 10 hours!!!
    Last edited by VayneZ; 03-17-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: typo

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy Fucking Workout!!!!!
    Those meals look damn good to.
    Guess I'm going to have to step my game up now. Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Holy Fucking Workout!!!!!
    Those meals look damn good to.
    Guess I'm going to have to step my game up now. Lol
    haha Thanks bro. I'm stepping up my game in the ''creative chef part'' lol.
    Yesterday I was WRECKED! Basically just took it easy, and kept calories low throughout the day. Not too low, but still low but ate like 8 portions.

Today I did HIIT for 15 minutes and KILLED it. I had to walk around the gym for 2-3 minutes afterwards and focus my mind NOT to vomit. Did core and stretched the hell out of my legs.

Tomorrow's Bench and arms, so I should be completely recovered for it.
    Since I did legs Monday... This Friday I will attempt a one rep max Conventional Deadlift. I'll make sure I get someone to film it, regardless if I fail or nail.

I'll build up to 1 x 455 and then either go straight to 1x495 (might be risky), or jump first to 1x485 and then 1x495.

Advises are welcomed. Last month I nailed 1x475... And that was it! But this time recovery would be better and I will be on ECA (Ephedrine high dosed) and Creatine HCI. So Let's see

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember to slide your hips forward for the lockout friday! No doubt you can do it man!

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recommend you watch this one:

Deadlifting with Richard Hawthorne - YouTube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh man! You have no idea how much I learned from that video! Can't believe I've never watched this before! Tim! THANKS! I've watched Richard Hawthorne in some other videos but never this one.

Hopefully Tomorrow will be a good day. Def will be making my stance and grip width shorter and PUSHING instead of PULLING!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After bench and arms today, took pics of the baby arms. As soon as I'm done with this cutting phase I'll be focusing more on my arms (they lack big time)

March20th_Tricepz.jpg

March20th_Tricepz2.jpg

Bench
    2 sets of incline BB press
    2 sets of Push Press
    2 sets of decline BB press
    2 sets of decline machine Press
    3 sets of the fly machine, with my training partner pushing me back from closing

I basically did 2-6 reps on each. Really focused on the contraction so it was not as heavy as if I would just go for max strength. (Still trying to recover from the shoulder pain, which with the physiotherapy visits is getting better and better).

Arms
    Concentrations (each arm singles):
    20 x 8 reps (but with a 10 second contraction... KILLER)
    30 x 5 reps drop to 20 x 3 reps (also 10 second contraction)

Barbell curls:
    bar x 20 reps (nice slow and focusing on the negatives.. burrnneed)
    65 x 12 reps

Curl Bar wide grip:
    50 x 15
    70 x 8 dropped to 50 x 7

Cable pull overs / pull apart: (5 second contraction on the closed long head extension and then 5 seconds on the pull apart extension = 1 rep)
    100 x 20
    160 x 10
    200 x 7

(can't remember the name of the exercise, the one where you lie down on the bench and go one hand with each dumbbell, touch your other shoulder and then extend fully):
    25 x 10 x 2 without breaks

And ate about 4000 cals today! Hopefully I won't wake up hungry multiple times during the night this time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update of today:

Failure...

convo deadz:
    135 x 10
    225 x 5
    315 x 3
    405 x 2 (Felt unusually heavy...... weird....)
    I felt really uncomfortable at 455... SUCKED! So when I attempted 475, felt my lower back ''click''.... And that was IT!!! no more...
    dropped to 405... could not even lift 405...

After that it was all volume work, and I looked like a madman killing it. spent an hour just adjusting my back, sets after sets.

dropped to 225, and started repping it, without my belt. And then repping out out 315, and then I could rep out 405 for 4 reps... WITHOUT belt. And I felt way better.

Kept doing sets of 315-405 for about 45 minutes.. letting all the frustration out.

afterwards, meditating on where I could have gone wrong:
    1) Rotator Cuff is under treatment for 3 weeks, healing but, definitely did feel it again today after I nailed 455
    2) I didn't wear my hoody... just a tanktop, and I guess my lower back is used to the extra cushion that the hoody gives
    3) Dropped more bodyfat since the end of February

I remember Wes once said ''I don't mind losing size, but if it's one thing I cannot stand is losing STRENGTH''. Man did I feel awful today. But I'll give my body 3 weeks to recover, focus on little details and then see if I can at least nail 475 again.

On the positive side, I seem to be making progress as to my current goal of fatloss

This morning (after eating 4000 cals yesterday):
    March21st_VayneZ.jpg

A few minutes ago, all bloated from carbs and what not, and still being bloated I can see the definition:
    March21stBloated_VayneZ.jpg

Won't back down till I'm shredded. Wish I had DNP, would've made things so much simple lol. Once I'm shredded It will be PURE strength gains and keeping myself lean until I die!