User Tag List

Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    525 !!! I know my back was def NOT arched.. I will feel it tomorrow. Rehab time, but I can't BELIEVE I nailed 525!

Deadz 525 - YouTube
    First off, great progress! I haven't checked in on this thread in a while, but I'm glad I did!

Now to be to the brass tax... There's not need to hover over the bar for that long, it tends to make you over think and most times fail the lift. I practically run at the bar, get set, get my footing correct, deep belly breaths, and rip that bar up!

Another thing that I think is hindering the bar speed, is that you exhale all you air out when you start to scream at the beginning. Get tight, and stay tight throughout the entire lift to ensure lockout. I would also work on telling yourself to pull your shoulders back, this is needed at lockout.

Another thing that jumped out at me was looking at the 21 second mark of the video... You dip down really low, you ascend without taking the weight with you (no leg drive), then you commence to start the deadlift with the ALL upper back. This is a recipe for disaster down the road, you NEED to drive with the legs, then let your mid-upper back do its thing towards lockout.

These are some of the keys things I took away from dissecting the video.

Cheers and keep killing it brother! LEG DRIVE!!!!
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    First off, great progress! I haven't checked in on this thread in a while, but I'm glad I did!

Now to be to the brass tax... There's not need to hover over the bar for that long, it tends to make you over think and most times fail the lift. I practically run at the bar, get set, get my footing correct, deep belly breaths, and rip that bar up!

Another thing that I think is hindering the bar speed, is that you exhale all you air out when you start to scream at the beginning. Get tight, and stay tight throughout the entire lift to ensure lockout. I would also work on telling yourself to pull your shoulders back, this is needed at lockout.

Another thing that jumped out at me was looking at the 21 second mark of the video... You dip down really low, you ascend without taking the weight with you (no leg drive), then you commence to start the deadlift with the ALL upper back. This is a recipe for disaster down the road, you NEED to drive with the legs, then let your mid-upper back do its thing towards lockout.

These are some of the keys things I took away from dissecting the video.

Cheers and keep killing it brother! LEG DRIVE!!!!
    Ra, I really needed to read this from you bro THANKS!! I'm glad you decided to take a look and provide details to work on. I will definitely be implementing your advise. Is the dip in itself to low? If I understand correctly I should:

1. Step up to the plate and immediately dip (don't waste any second hesitating or pondering in my mind)
    2. As I dip, Tighten my shoulders back and chest up
    3. Pure leg drive until lockout and then start using the upper
    4. Don't scream out the air out, but just stay tight

I will be going lighter these 2 weeks, and focusing on proper technique, while letting my CNS get a break at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I've never been a fan if stims. I found they made me lethargic and affected everything in my body negatively and I still had to get the rest somewhere else.

I'd try just some intuitive eating. If you know your body well enough I've found eating when I want portions I want and what I want my body responded very positively to that. Than if I tried to force in x, y, z food.

Like if I had a day where I wasn't that hungry and I ate less. I would usually find I was bigger, heavier and leaner the next day than if I tried to force in those meals.

Just dont get crazy with it. Like just because you don't ever feel hungry doesn't mean don't eat lol.

Keep us updated and I'll see if I can figure anything else out that might help.
    Thanks Eden, I will try to update more regularly. In the process of a job change now, so kinda extra busy these days. Good advise, I'll keep it in mind bro!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ra, I really needed to read this from you bro THANKS!! I'm glad you decided to take a look and provide details to work on. I will definitely be implementing your advise. Is the dip in itself to low? If I understand correctly I should:

1. Step up to the plate and immediately dip (don't waste any second hesitating or pondering in my mind)
    2. As I dip, Tighten my shoulders back and chest up
    3. Pure leg drive until lockout and then start using the upper
    (Note As you drive the legs, start firing the glutes and pull the shoulders back. They should all be firing at the same time to optimize the lift.

4. Don't scream out the air out, but just stay tight

I will be going lighter these 2 weeks, and focusing on proper technique, while letting my CNS get a break at the same time.
    It sounds like you understand everything else I described. Keep up the hard work. I'll give you a video I took today to give you some perseverance and inspiration!

Fuerte Loco 600# DL - YouTube
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro! You're in the 600's!! WHAAAATTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome man just awesome!!! You have made MAD progress!
    I am definitely inspired now!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday Delts/Back day

August11_VayneZ.jpg

Getting ready to get lean

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AttackOnHill, Thanks so much for the input. I read your reply and didn't get a chance to get back at you sooner, but that program is just hands down BRUTAL! I'll be applying some of it's principles throughout these weeks. 600 with No Hormones is bad ass!!! I don't think I'll jump on ANY hormones for now or maybe even years, because it messes me up emotionally, and I can't deal with that right now. So I'll see how strong I can become without hormones.

Question: The 6 seconds isometric deadz with pause at lockout, those are the same as what is called ''one and a half's''? What's a good youtube video or site I can see how this is accurately performed?
    No problem man. Sorry for the late reply. 600 is good but I'm short and fat, so not as impressive. Trying to work on the fat part haha less of the blob more of the hulk. I hear you on the emotions. I'm normally mellow, but bad temper and anxiety when under pressure. Very interested in trying some hormones, but will have to gauge I guess.

The program is absolutely brutal, my brother and I did it. Need to pound the calories (not hard when you're a fat sack like me), but if you hit it hard and recover properly between workouts you'll make some crazy gains. I'd say if you give it your all with proper recovery/nutrition you'll add a minimum of 20 lbs to your max, my brother and I of course added more.

Isometric holds are done in a power rack. The pins he refers to are those safety bars meant to catch the weight if you fail in a squat or whatever. You put the bar on the ground, load your weight, then put the safety pins in at the specified height. Pull the weight as you would with a normal deadlift and when you hit the pins - they will block the bar from being fully deadlifted to the top - continue to pull (keeping strict form of course so no injuries) with all your might. Obviously the pins keep the bar immobile, but the idea with isometrics is your body can actually generate more maximal force struggling against an unmoving object. Isometrics give great gains, just need to cycle on and off them, if overused there are diminishing returns.

I've never seen a youtube vid but there's probably some out there showing isometrics. You can also do isometric squats, bench, etc, though I like them best on deadlifts. Good luck and I'll keep checking in.

Upper body looking beast from your pic man.
    Last edited by AttackonHill; 08-19-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AttackOnHill I will def try these this coming Friday! Would you advise to start with the iso's or do basic deadlifts first and then the iso's?

Update, August 21st:

So far I've been on Alpha-T2 for a week and have lowered my cals, Protein, fat and Carbs but especially carbs. Only lost a pound though. Been training a bit lighter and more focused on contraction and slow negatives

End of August_Vaynez.jpg

My goal is to eventually be around where I was bodyfat-wise in May, but with more definition , mass and strength:

(pics of May)

May2_3.jpg

May2_VayneZ_2.jpg

Established Member Feedback Score 0 necropuppy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You thought about adding in t3? Is this the OG alpha t2 or the new version?

What weight/bf were you at in may?

Sick physique though.
    Last edited by necropuppy; 08-23-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by necropuppy View Post
    You thought about adding in t3? Is this the OG alpha t2 or the new version?

What weight/bf were you at in may?

Sick physique though.
    I ran T3 back in 2012 and I didn't really like it when I got off of it, packed on mad bodyfat like nothing. Difficult to say how well it worked with me since my diet was nowhere near as static as it is now. It's the new Alpha-T2 and together with my lower cals it is working BEAST amazing. The only thing is I sweat so much that I start smelling.

Didn't measure my bodyfat in May but I was sitting at around 170-175 pounds, and I'm 5'7.

I will probably add Ephedrine through September, see how it will feel along with the Alpha-T2