SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    fuck im compelled

not directed at ice , dude haha, im just making a general statement

i never get the american obsession with the notion of how bad illegal immigrants/mexicans are and they drain the economy, when the largest coorporations in the country outsource all their work, and its ok.....at least those mexicans are spending their dollars they made in the us, and putting back into the system
    It has to do with their reluctance to assimilate. I have lived in central Mexico and while I was there I did not wave the flag of the United States. I did not petition the government to change their laws to suit my needs. I spoke the language of the land. I observed and respected the customs and traditions that existed there before I came. I did not expect the citizens of Mexico to care about my needs while I was there. Nor would they have put up with it.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?

The DHS should be an example of what happens when, after a tragedy, we beg the government for more security. We'll just keep feeding the beast our civil rights until we think its big enough to protect us from everything.
    Last edited by Macdon1588; 03-21-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    I'm not sure if that's true, Burly. There are a lot of people that respect you and think you are pretty sensible guy. Coming from me, many might dismiss something, but from you - they may think that you are someone worth listening to.
    Thanks for the kind words. If someone asks my opinion, I'm certainly not afraid to voice it as long as I have one on an issue. However, I doubt I'll change anyone's mind on political matters. There is a saying I learned many years ago: "A man convinced against his will... is of the same opinion still." Even if I prove a point and force someone to agree based on presented facts, they will turn, walk away, and still believe what they did before. So, that being said, I pick my battles. I think any here who are familiar with me are also aware of my political leanings. I believe in more power and money to the people, and less to the government.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The massive ammo purchase is one of two things.

Either:

1. It is a deliberate attempt to slow the supply of ammunition to the civilian population

OR

2. It is in preparation for civil unrest of some kind

In any event, it's stupid and a real head scratcher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    yah, i guess time will prove one of the theories and disprove the others. wait, see and joke about defending ourselves with sex toys, which seems to be the best course of action for the time being lol
    What time has proven is that government entities are willing to use arms against the citizens under their control. Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon, Stalin's gulags, Nazi Germany, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Argentina's dirty war, the whiskey rebellion, Mao, and the 1968 student protests in Mexico City (Tlatelolco massacre) are just a few examples.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    The massive ammo purchase is one of two things.

Either:

1. It is a deliberate attempt to slow the supply of ammunition to the civilian population

OR

2. It is in preparation for civil unrest of some kind

In any event, it's stupid and a real head scratcher.
    Maybe two birds with one stone?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHC View Post
    What time has proven is that government entities are willing to use arms against the citizens under their control. Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon, Stalin's gulags, Nazi Germany, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Argentina's dirty war, the whiskey rebellion, Mao, and the 1968 student protests in Mexico City (Tlatelolco massacre) are just a few examples.
    And before any historical revisionist tries to chime in here with some polarized piece about how Hitler did not enact gun control, please review your history, because Hitler SELECTIVELY disarmed his targets, the Jews.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has to do with their reluctance to assimilate. I have lived in central Mexico and while I was there I did not wave the flag of the United States. I did not petition the government to change their laws to suit my needs. I spoke the language of the land. I observed and respected the customs and traditions that existed there before I came. I did not expect the citizens of Mexico to care about my needs while I was there. Nor would they have put up with it.
    most of the states where this is an issue is of Spanish influenced traditions anyway, man. the traditions that were forced there were the british, ango-saxon, american or whatever you wanna call it.

time has also proven that govt entities are NOT willing to use arms in many other instances, so i'm not sure what that proves.
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DHS' cover-up of the ammo buys is imploding. Fifteen congressman have written a letter demanding to know why the federal agency is buying so many rounds of ammunition and whether the purchases are part of a deliberate attempt to restrict supply to the American people.

Big Sis (Janet Napolitano) has remained silent on the issue, refusing to answer questions from reporters and even from multiple elected representatives, about the ammo buys.

Herein lies the problem. People speculate about the worst when these assholes, who claimed they would lead the way in transparency, are only successful in being secretive and transparently political. If there isn't any ill will, then it's nothing a little sunshine won't sanitize. Keeping the people in the dark only fuels the conspiracy theories.

In any event, no matter where you stand on conspiracies, there's nothing normal about a cabinet-level (administrative) branch of government arming itself to the teeth with 1.6 billion rounds, 7,000 fully-automatic assault weapons (referred to by them as 'personal defense' weapons) and 2,700 armored vehicles which equate to nothing more than watered down tanks.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got an interesting question that has been bugging me about all this:

How did it become public knowledge that the Govt bought all of the ammo? Was it leaked, or did someone see a huge receipt laying around?

It just makes me wonder why something like this became known to the public if it is that big of a deal.

OR, if this is just some smoke and mirrors to grab your attention away from something bigger.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!