Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I've got an interesting question that has been bugging me about all this:

How did it become public knowledge that the Govt bought all of the ammo? Was it leaked, or did someone see a huge receipt laying around?

It just makes me wonder why something like this became known to the public if it is that big of a deal.

OR, if this is just some smoke and mirrors to grab your attention away from something bigger.
    a staged FDA raid at a certain supplement company perhaps??? lol
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Government purchase orders/requisitions.

They're a matter of public record. You have a number of watchdogs in alternative media that pay attention to this stuff.

These assholes in the federal government are not only affecting civilian gun owners, but they're making life very difficult for the law enforcement community. Ammunition is getting hard for agencies to get their hands on, thanks in large part to the selfish federal government buying enough of it to supply themselves for over 100 years.

Police Departments Beg And Barter For Ammo While DHS Buys Up 1.6 Billion Rounds In Past Year | CNS News

Bullet control was easier to achieve than gun control.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American "contractors" in Iraq and other countries use Serbian ammo and weapons, like Zastava M-21 rifle- much cheaper and good quality. Never jamms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    American "contractors" in Iraq and other countries use Serbian ammo and weapons, like Zastava M-21 rifle- much cheaper and good quality. Never jamms.
    but do they fire freedom and democracy?!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    but do they fire freedom and democracy?!?
    They fire in 5.56 mostly, there are 7.62 version as well, I think.

Untitled Document

Untitled Document

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They fire in 5.56 mostly, there are 7.62 version as well, I think.

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
    this is "spread the wealth" firepower, you commie!!!

Jelisej, on a completely side note that doesn't necessarily warrant a thread, i wanted to state: The lady's Cortisol and Thyroid hormones were off and we caught it and mitigated it, largely thanks to literature and knowledge provided by you in these boards, so intentionally or not, you were a big help. Thanks a bunch, man!! I oughta send you chocolate, flowers and take you out for a special night on the town!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    this is "spread the wealth" firepower, you commie!!!

Jelisej, on a completely side note that doesn't necessarily warrant a thread, i wanted to state: The lady's Cortisol and Thyroid hormones were off and we caught it and mitigated it, largely thanks to literature and knowledge provided by you in these boards, so intentionally or not, you were a big help. Thanks a bunch, man!! I oughta send you chocolate, flowers and take you out for a special night on the town!
    Glad to hear that I was helpful somehow. That is a main reason why I'm here. No need for chocolate bro', someday you'll help someone else, thats how its working.
    Enjoy every moment with your lady, life is too short.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 03-22-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that I was helpful somehow. That is a main reason why I'm here. No need for chocolate bro', someday you'll help someone else, thats how its working.
    Enjoy every moment with your lady, life is too short.
    flowers it is then! lol jk

but in all seriousness, appreciate it, man!

Established Member Feedback Score 4 (100%) Enuke65's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    The massive ammo purchase is one of two things.

Either:

1. It is a deliberate attempt to slow the supply of ammunition to the civilian population

OR

2. It is in preparation for civil unrest of some kind

In any event, it's stupid and a real head scratcher.
    Both are plausible. Drying up ammo supplies has caused prices to skyrocket, 5.56 rounds now cost $.90/round if you can find them, where they cost <$.50/round back in October.

As to the second point, there seems to be an increase in natural disaster activity here in the states, for whatever reason. The public reactions to these are getting worse each time, and the governments support to the people affected seems slow and half-hearted at best.
    Along with that, for the first time in US history, environmental and agricultural concerns (natural disasters and food supply) were brought up as concerns during National Security Council meetings, citing a food shortage or large scale disaster as a possible spark for civil unrest.
    I'm not really a big conspiracy theory guy, but some stuff just kinda adds up if you look at it. I can't talk to much shit as I'm technically on the feds payroll, but sometimes some of the shit we do makes me say seriously? what the fuck man?!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?

Well, if unrest does happen, us boys and girls in the fly over states will be watching it from our cozy spot - sitting right on top of the food supply, with access to readily available energy supplies, and mountains upon mountains of ammo and weapons. You'll notice that historically speaking, riots happen in urban areas, so have fun clawing your way out of them there cities;-).