User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?

A few years ago, when my business was quite lucrative, I was looking at a small island to purchase. With all the unrest in society, sometimes that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Too bad I don't have any money for that now.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, here's the be all end all to it. I don't give a fuck who has the ammo. The guns don't matter. Who are they gonna get to march on you. I can promise you, no soldier is going to march on civilians unprovoked. You storm our base, that's one thing. But they try to make this a police state. Every soldier would laugh in their face. That's the end of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, you were seriously looking to purchase a small island? How small is small? We talkin DJ's penorz here(that creep sends me noodz all the damn time), or like figi island small? Regardless, much envy and respect from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post

Wait, you were seriously looking to purchase a small island? How small is small? We talkin DJ's penorz here(that creep sends me noodz all the damn time), or like figi island small? Regardless, much envy and respect from me.
    Wasn't kidding... was looking for something outside of any governmental control or taxation and of course off grid. Nothing big... enough for a house (aka compound ) and a bit of surrounding area for a potential (or actual) airstrip. Some decent ones were available in the $2 mil range if memory serves me right. I won't get too into my story, but I thought I was smart by re-investing real estate profits into the real estate market instead of holding onto it... then the market crashed. So... no Burly Island.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the island would have held it value for the most part as a safety net. Especially is you barely modernized it. So people could 'getaway'. But wow, 2mi, and you were consodering it!? It's amazing the things you accomplished. From boodybuilding, wealth, and strong marriage. I need to get drive like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?

Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    Well, the island would have held it value for the most part as a safety net. Especially is you barely modernized it. So people could 'getaway'. But wow, 2mi, and you were consodering it!? It's amazing the things you accomplished. From bodybuilding, wealth, and strong marriage. I need to get drive like that.
    It has a lot to do with knowing what you want in life, believing that its possible, then doing whatever it takes to get it, regardless of obstacles. Keeping your eye on the prize, and roadblocks become just speed bumps on the way to your destination. Looking forward, not back or sideways.