User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people seem to get annoyed(give me looks) because I might pace or stand around when I'm waiting for the bench of squat rack to open. As if they are mad I'm not totally engaged in an exercise at all times.

My favorite are the older women who hang out all day at the shake bar, just to flirt with the younger guys. they will do 5 minutes on the treadmill, hang around flirting for 20 minutes, do 5 minutes on the elipical, repeat.

Can't stand the guys with their earbuds in who sing out loud as if everyone needs to know the awesome music they listen to.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    Some people seem to get annoyed(give me looks) because I might pace or stand around when I'm waiting for the bench of squat rack to open. As if they are mad I'm not totally engaged in an exercise at all times.

I do one of two things:

1. If guy using equipment/bar/rack I want, and is actually lifting, I let him be, go doing something else and come back later.
    2. If they are using the area as a texting center, phone booth, lounge, or anything similar, I try to sit as closely to them as I can and will just stare at them with disapproval until they figure out what is going on. Suprisingly effective.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankful I don't have to deal with any of this anymore. Although.... I may be using the gym on campus a little next term do to long days at school. Sadly I know what I have to face when I do use it. I hope I can figure something out before having to go in there......
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure people think I have been all of them at some point (except a noob). Who gives a shit though, considering 99.9% of the people in a commercial gym have no idea what I'm doing or why...

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I do one of two things:

1. If guy using equipment/bar/rack I want, and is actually lifting, I let him be, go doing something else and come back later.
    2. If they are using the area as a texting center, phone booth, lounge, or anything similar, I try to sit as closely to them as I can and will just stare at them with disapproval until they figure out what is going on. Suprisingly effective.
    No. 2 all the way. I hate when people occupy equipment that aren't exercising. Last week, some fat chick was occupying the seated leg curl machine, talking to her fat friend at the other machine. I made my discontent known.

When she got up, there was a ton of ass sweat soaking her workout pants and it was all over the machine. She didn't even take the time to wipe it down. I nearly vomited.

Fat girl ass sweat... never a good thing.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone is in my way, or being just slow as hell/treating the gym like it's a club to hit up girls, I will make sure to make a TON of noise, be generally as loud as I feel, until they go somewhere else.