User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Dcabedo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoking marijuana and lifting weights

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what working out can do for you if you smoke marijuana...I know how long the thc stays in your system varies with how often and long you've been smoking along with other circumstances, but can you actually sweat it out of your system?

By the way, I am not advocating marijuana so please dont kick me off the forum
    "Powerlifting is a manifestation of my hatred for humanity."

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i advocate it, so does admin, no worries

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Smoking marijuana and lifting weights

Marijuana could actually be a great supplement to someone trying to gain weight, and there is actually medicinal usage for this exact reason. I am not advocating that you become a burnout, like anything responsibility is the best thing to advocate.

Ideally, in terms of benefits for the gym, you would use a vaporizer, so as not to actually be introducing smoke to your lungs. While there hadn't been any good studies that link marijuana smoke to lung cancer, you should still consider it a smoke.

It would be nice if there was a way to isolate the effects on hunger, but I am only aware of a drug that uses the cannabis receptor for suppressing appetite. The opposite would be a huge benefit to hard gainers (....and by that I mean guys who can't eat).

Of course isolating that effect would be great, but then you miss the fun.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The accepted technical term for the effect of marijuana stimulating appetite is 'Munchies'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    The accepted technical term for the effect of marijuana stimulating appetite is 'Munchies'.
    Get out of here with your ivy league education terms.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm against marijuana and weighlifting, it puts a pressure on heart and increases heartbeat a lot and that itself is good enough reason not to combine these two. IMO marijuanas sides outweight benefits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    I'm against marijuana and weighlifting, it puts a pressure on heart and increases heartbeat a lot and that itself is good enough reason not to combine these two. IMO marijuanas sides outweight benefits.
    what sides??? hunger? lethargy? about it
    and in my extensive experience my HR drops with the stuff

jmo, but if you are into weights and you wanna do something, weed trumps cigarettes and alcohol every day of the week and twice on sunday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    what sides??? hunger? lethargy? about it
    and in my extensive experience my HR drops with the stuff
    I would be curious of the same. I am unaware of any studies linking heart damage to marijuana usage. Although the act of 'smoking' can raise BP, it is generally a rather acute response. Again, a vaporizer would be advocated if this is the main opposition.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, from my limited experience HR increases big time, for majority of others is the same. Blood pressure drops, which (at least in my case) makes it hard or impossible to exercies or work. From my observations I agree that long-term use of it can make people pshychotic, and it does affect mental wellbeing in general. Its mild depressant IMO.
    its ok for youngsters as "recreational" drug for occasional use, thats it.
    It can be used as medicine in some cases.
    maybe I'm not objective, I hate those type of singers/bands that promote marijuana, alcohol and gangster style. I would send them all to work on cornfields or to grow cabbage, or to work in forest or some other decent labour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoking marijuana and lifting weights

Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Well, from my limited experience HR increases big time, for majority of others is the same. Blood pressure drops, which (at least in my case) makes it hard or impossible to exercies or work. From my observations I agree that long-term use of it can make people pshychotic, and it does affect mental wellbeing in general. Its mild depressant IMO.
    its ok for youngsters as "recreational" drug for occasional use, thats it.
    It can be used as medicine in some cases.
    maybe I'm not objective, I hate those type of singers/bands that promote marijuana, alcohol and gangster style. I would send them all to work on cornfields or to grow cabbage, or to work in forest or some other decent labour.
    psychotic? xplain? thats interesting