User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AestheticOne View Post
    Eh i think this one should probably be you wipe it down if you have a problem with it, idk about you, but i love exposing my immune system to as much shit and germs as possible, keeps it stronger
    lol as much as possible? im sure you could lick the bench after some fat hairy monster is done with their bench. that oughta do miracles for your immune system lol
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about not talking with your godamn headphones in? I hate having some moron ask me at 900 decibals if I'm done with the rack because he can't hear how godamn ridiculous he sounds over the "'lil wayne" blasting through his "beats by dre" over ear headphones. Quit shouting please.

Also, I'm all for grunting when you're working heavy, but if I have to listen to one more idiot moaning like he's got a bedpost up his ass while he's doing body weight dips, ON EVERY REP, I'm gonna cave someone's skull in with a DB. I Hate to implicate cross-fitters in this, but yeah usually it is them.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hah grunters.... yah, i see when sometimes you can't help but grunt, but every now and then it sounds like someone is having hot butt sex doing a lateral raise or something like that
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong, when other dudes are really getting into the zone it helps me (just ask the wife). I like hearing plates clanging and a solid grunt every now and then, I just don't think that some dick's 95 pound Clean&Press is worth it.

On an unrelated notem here in the states they've got these commercials on TV advertising the purple/yellow "Planet Fitness" gyms, and the whole purpose of the add seems to be to encourage people not to really try at the gym. It has shlubby looking dudes and chicks getting all pissed off about having to work out around people who are actually *gasp* putting in some effort. The message of the add is basically - "Come here to Planet Fitness so you can post "at the gym" on your facebook status without actually sweating." Pretty sorry. That should be another gym rule - Don't get butthurt because someone is in better shape than you.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top 10 Unwritten Gym Rules

i have no issue with the grunts, how is the tiny guy lifting his 45 different than my 4 plates, the stress we are under lifting is all relative
    *** the throwing of weights or clanging the cable stack, that is not needed

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest peeve is guys chilling in front of the db rack, being in the way. Just last night, there was "that guy", plus he is a glorified grunter ( hey look at me! ). He was doing standing kickbacks with a 15lb db, had his headphones in, and was standing right in front of the rack... I needed some 'bells and I walk right over and say, not ask, that I need him to move. I'm done being polite.

I'd like every member of every gym to see this "waiver", read it and sign it. A lot of these guys just don't have a clue, and no one ever really tells them what's up. Edumacate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    i have no issue with the grunts, how is the tiny guy lifting his 45 different than my 4 plates, the stress we are under lifting is all relative
    *** the throwing of weights or clanging the cable stack, that is not needed
    Certainly everyone is entitled to their grunt although when grunting becomes and end rather than a means it becomes distracting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    My biggest peeve is guys chilling in front of the db rack, being in the way. Just last night, there was "that guy", plus he is a glorified grunter ( hey look at me! ). He was doing standing kickbacks with a 15lb db, had his headphones in, and was standing right in front of the rack... I needed some 'bells and I walk right over and say, not ask, that I need him to move. I'm done being polite.

I'd like every member of every gym to see this "waiver", read it and sign it. A lot of these guys just don't have a clue, and no one ever really tells them what's up. Edumacate them.
    Just gym-tag him. Next time he's doing bent over DB rows just pelvic thrust the shit out of his ass. It's kinda like when a dog humps another dog's face even though he's been neutered.

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's a guy in my gym that always takes 90+lbs db's off the rack and moves them to the other side of the gym to do shrugs between sets of other stuff.

if you're capable of carrying them over to the other side of the gym, make sure you save enough energy to carry them back to their home!
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top 10 Unwritten Gym Rules

My current peeve is this dude that gives advice like he's a fucking trainer. He's not in shape. His advice is strange, and usually wrong, but he doesn't let that stop him. I've never seen him lift more than me on anything, and I've never seen him squat so much as the fucking bar and yet that didn't stop him from attempting to train me. He told me not to stand all the way up while "locking out" my squat because it could result in injury. Really? I was on my eight rep, I didn't have the breath to deal with him so I just said ok and kept doing my own thing. Fortunately that made him all butt hurt and he hasn't trained me since.