User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to look at not only the sport itself, but also the position as they will each have different energy system requirements. As a specific position will have specific S&C needs, they will also have different uses for PEDs.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Athlete cycle vs bodybuilder cycle

Quote Originally Posted by 101 View Post

Burlyman, I didn't know The Clear was similar to tren as far as cardio hit. That's interesting. Tren on paper sounds like the best invention since the miniskirt, but all the horror stories are a little off-putting. You really think prohormones would improve recovery to a similar extent? I figured nothing would compare to AAS.
    I don't think I stated that the clear was known as a cardio inhibitor, but it is a progesterone, and very similar to tren chemically. You could call it " tren light". What I was saying is that tren at lower doses does not have the cardio effect at lower doses, nor many other sides. Sorry if my earlier statement was confusing. For the record, I don't know about cardio effect of the clear, but it would not surprise me if it had an effect if the dose was high enough.

As far as PH vs. AAS... PHs are just one in vivo conversion away from being an AAS, so yes, they can be extremely effective as a recovery aid. And just like AAS, some are better/stronger than others.

Tren and the miniskirt analogy...

Just like a miniskirt, tren needs to be used properly or no one likes the end result.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 03-30-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Broly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 101 View Post
    Nate, I have to agree. That's another part of what led to my confusion. Also have to agree that those guys have ridiculous genetics. I know a guy who plays what we call semi-pro football (after college, but not in the NFL). He squats around 700 pounds, has a lot of muscle mass, and plays running back (a position generally for smaller, faster players). I look at him and I'm like what the fuck.... if this guy couldn't make it to the NFL, there must be absolute monsters playing on Sundays.
    'Strength' on the field is not the same as strength in the weight room. Jerry Rice was not a 'strong' lifter compared to other WR's or DB's yet he was still faster and more efficient on the field. I'm often envious of my fellow athletes in the weight room because I am not even close to being the 'strongest' but the roles are reversed when we hit the grid iron.

"Sports Science" has actually come up with a new way to measure abilities in the NFL combine... The thinking of current NFL scouts is medieval.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broly View Post
    'Strength' on the field is not the same as strength in the weight room. Jerry Rice was not a 'strong' lifter compared to other WR's or DB's yet he was still faster and more efficient on the field. I'm often envious of my fellow athletes in the weight room because I am not even close to being the 'strongest' but the roles are reversed when we hit the grid iron.

"Sports Science" has actually come up with a new way to measure abilities in the NFL combine... The thinking of current NFL scouts is medieval.
    The only thing that's more annoying and non-applicable than the combine is Sports "Science." There's way too much emphasis on only partially related measurable stats that skew the most important part: the film. JaMarcus Russell had one of the best pro days out there and we all know how that worked (along with Ryan Leaf, Mike Mamula, Tony Mandarich, etc.).
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Athlete cycle vs bodybuilder cycle

russell lmao oh man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The only thing that's more annoying and non-applicable than the combine is Sports "Science."
    Just to clarify... I was referring to Sports Science the show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify... I was referring to Sports Science the show
    I know. The show is a joke.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know. The show is a joke.

I think it has it's merits... but to each his own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it has it's merits... but to each his own.
    It's more or less an updated combine-esque show that puts pretty stats and measurements on things that have no real merit. Almost anything in a controlled environment will have very little actual carryover to the game.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that's more annoying and non-applicable than the combine is Sports "Science." There's way too much emphasis on only partially related measurable stats that skew the most important part: the film. JaMarcus Russell had one of the best pro days out there and we all know how that worked (along with Ryan Leaf, Mike Mamula, Tony Mandarich, etc.).
    Ryan Leaf...that's a dark chapter in San Diego's history.