User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FPR , reading done, serious shit right there... Willdef go for another alternative although I dont even really care about the hair anymore lol...

DJ, he laughed at my face when I talked to him about my concerns

- - - Updated - - -

He's been on that for about 5 years without a side, i guess he's just lucky, but i told him to read on the sides..

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The sides for alot of guys sneak up on them. It starts out as just not feeling yourself....you think you're having an off day, or that you just didn't get enough sleep, etc. You slowly lose interest in sex. You slowly start to get a creeping anxiety that was never there before, your personality changes. You become more childlike. I liken it to sand through an hour glass. Little by little, you start losing yourself. Until weeks or months, or depending on your make up, years go by and you're like WTF. You become a shadow of your former self. A shell of a man.

Not like you know me from any other dude, but take my advice and stay away from that fuckin poison. I shared that propecia site with the PP group a few years back (Thanks FPR for continuing to spread the word). I'm currently in litigation as a member of a class action lawsuit against Merck.

You really want to read some horror stories, my user name is the same on that site. I'm no longer an active member on those forums because after 8 long, debilitating and humiliating years, I'm back to 100%. It was a friggin horror. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Losing PP really hit me hard because it was with that companies products and the help from the knowledgeable dudes on that site that I slowly recovered myself. Not saying it wouldn't have happened with other products, just that I found PP first and went from there. I had many long convo's with Eric going back to 08 and 09 that started my recovery process.

Bottom line, poison is poison no matter how small the dose. Just do yourself a favor and stay away. Shaving my head was one of the most freeing things I've ever done.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    The sides for alot of guys sneak up on them. It starts out as just not feeling yourself....you think you're having an off day, or that you just didn't get enough sleep, etc. You slowly lose interest in sex. You slowly start to get a creeping anxiety that was never there before, your personality changes. You become more childlike. I liken it to sand through an hour glass. Little by little, you start losing yourself. Until weeks or months, or depending on your make up, years go by and you're like WTF. You become a shadow of your former self. A shell of a man.

Not like you know me from any other dude, but take my advice and stay away from that fuckin poison. I shared that propecia site with the PP group a few years back (Thanks FPR for continuing to spread the word). I'm currently in litigation as a member of a class action lawsuit against Merck.

You really want to read some horror stories, my user name is the same on that site. I'm no longer an active member on those forums because after 8 long, debilitating and humiliating years, I'm back to 100%. It was a friggin horror. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Losing PP really hit me hard because it was with that companies products and the help from the knowledgeable dudes on that site that I slowly recovered myself. Not saying it wouldn't have happened with other products, just that I found PP first and went from there. I had many long convo's with Eric going back to 08 and 09 that started my recovery process.

Bottom line, poison is poison no matter how small the dose. Just do yourself a favor and stay away. Shaving my head was one of the most freeing things I've ever done.
    I have to ask, as terrible as it was, can/did you find relief using DHT steroids like Masteron??? You mention PP products, and I assume that you got a DHT boost from it... I guess the point is not to eliminate DHT in the first place, but can DHT replacement work for these issues? Like TRT, but with Mast, proviron, etc?

Edit: NO I'm not saying I want to try it and rely on replacing with steroids if it turned out badly. I'm just trying to understand this a little better, and I'm curious if there are effective ways to treat it.
    Last edited by Rayjay; 04-02-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to grow and go easy on the hair?

good to ser you here and how youve overcome
    good luck vs merck

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayjay View Post
    I have to ask, as terrible as it was, can/did you find relief using DHT steroids like Masteron??? You mention PP products, and I assume that you got a DHT boost from it... I guess the point is not to eliminate DHT in the first place, but can DHT replacement work for these issues? Like TRT, but with Mast, proviron, etc?

Edit: NO I'm not saying I want to try it and rely on replacing with steroids if it turned out badly. I'm just trying to understand this a little better, and I'm curious if there are effective ways to treat it.
    It's a complicated issue with not one straight forward answer. Your genetic make up has a HUGE part in the way you respond. The issue isn't just DHT related although that's a huge part of it. It's ALL 5-arII reduced steriods. The most important one being allopregnanolone. This potent neurosteroid is natures Xanax. It's reduced by the 5arII enzyme (the enzyme that propecia blocks...or destroys completely...the verdicts still out on that.) from pregnanolone. Without it, your a goddamn wreck. Can't sleep, completely anxious, can't think straight, cant focus....serenity is no longer a part of your existence. Horrific is the only way to describe it. We had guys on the site off themselves because of the state they were left in. Almost unbearable. For many, it IS unbearable.

So yeah, even though you can replace the DHT and test, It's not the same when your nerves are firing crazy because of lack of inhibition from Gaba-A. All the hormones in the world aren't gonna give you a woody if your nerves are in fight or flight mode. You NEED to be relaxed to be horny.(allopregnanolone modulates the gaba receptor to make it work/connect more efficiently to gaba.....think alcohol. Alcohol increases allopreg making Gaba inhibition more pronounced, thus the relaxing effect.)

Those are the main two, but there are more, smaller neurosteroids that are reduced by 5arII as well. You can't possibly replace all that is removed by inhibiting that enzyme. You just can't.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    good to ser you here and how youve overcome
    good luck vs merck
    Thanks. I'm not holding my breath. it's been almost two years thus far. You know how deep those pharmaceutical company pockets are. They're never gonna give me back the time I lost, and I'm not one to sue, but a couple smart guys at the propecia site got it goin and if I can get something outta my misery caused by them, I will.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'm not holding my breath. it's been almost two years thus far. You know how deep those pharmaceutical company pockets are. They're never gonna give me back the time I lost, and I'm not one to sue, but a couple smart guys at the propecia site got it goin and if I can get something outta my misery caused by them, I will.
    Keep up the fight my man, and I'm glad you found your way over to Swolesource!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Tocotrienols, nizoral shampoo and a conditioner that helps replenish hydration to your hair so it isn't dry and brittle from the nizoral.
    I do this, and its def helped tremendously! I bought like 14 toco-8 and 6 bottles of nizoral 2% keto... and its done a great trick!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cd, glad you are getting better, I would never had noticed I guess. I had been taking 1mg a day for about 6 months. Luckily I didn't get any sides from it but from here on out I will stop using it. Thanks for the heads up! and all the best for you...

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a complicated issue with not one straight forward answer. Your genetic make up has a HUGE part in the way you respond. The issue isn't just DHT related although that's a huge part of it. It's ALL 5-arII reduced steriods. The most important one being allopregnanolone. This potent neurosteroid is natures Xanax. It's reduced by the 5arII enzyme (the enzyme that propecia blocks...or destroys completely...the verdicts still out on that.) from pregnanolone. Without it, your a goddamn wreck. Can't sleep, completely anxious, can't think straight, cant focus....serenity is no longer a part of your existence. Horrific is the only way to describe it. We had guys on the site off themselves because of the state they were left in. Almost unbearable. For many, it IS unbearable.

So yeah, even though you can replace the DHT and test, It's not the same when your nerves are firing crazy because of lack of inhibition from Gaba-A. All the hormones in the world aren't gonna give you a woody if your nerves are in fight or flight mode. You NEED to be relaxed to be horny.(allopregnanolone modulates the gaba receptor to make it work/connect more efficiently to gaba.....think alcohol. Alcohol increases allopreg making Gaba inhibition more pronounced, thus the relaxing effect.)

Those are the main two, but there are more, smaller neurosteroids that are reduced by 5arII as well. You can't possibly replace all that is removed by inhibiting that enzyme. You just can't.
    This makes so much sense. I hadn't even considered all the other things that need the 5-AR enzyme. And I can be a bit of an anxious dude, have taken Xanax for panic attacks years ago and was on anti depressants for a while, so I can't even imagine trying to function that out of sorts.

Again, thank you thank you, THANK YOU! To everyone here who warned me away from taking that stuff. You may have literally saved my life as I could be one of the guys who not only reacts badly, but imagining living in that space I don't know if I would want to go on if my brain was that out of sorts. I've seen what depression and anxiety can be like and I want NONE of it

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM1000 View Post
    Cd, glad you are getting better, I would never had noticed I guess. I had been taking 1mg a day for about 6 months. Luckily I didn't get any sides from it but from here on out I will stop using it. Thanks for the heads up! and all the best for you...
    You may have gone years without any problems at all. Some guys take it for ten years and then all of a sudden the shit hits the fan. Others have taken it for a few weeks and have been devastated for years after. It all boils down to individual make up. Admittedly, Merck sells tons of it, so it's obviously a smaller subset of men who get completely ruined by it. The point is, you don't know if you're gonna be one of em. Is it worth it? It's like playing Russian roulette with the gun pointed at your sack.