User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayjay View Post
    This makes so much sense. I hadn't even considered all the other things that need the 5-AR enzyme. And I can be a bit of an anxious dude, have taken Xanax for panic attacks years ago and was on anti depressants for a while, so I can't even imagine trying to function that out of sorts.
    This is the problem. Nobody considers it. NONE of these mental side effects are listed as a possible outcome of the drug. This is why I thought I was losing my mind before I stumbled onto the propecia help site. More recently, as in the last few years, they were forced to update the product insert to include depression as a possible side effect. Depression....that's it. Depression would be the least of your worries should you be sensitive to 5ar inhibition.

But after being part of that site for years, I've learned that even if the warnings were listed clearly on the product insert, guys would still take it regardless. Vanity is a fucked up thing. It makes you believe what you want....it makes you pick and choose your relative reality.

I'm glad you've decided not to take it. It's literally depression and anxiety on steroids.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to grow and go easy on the hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It's like playing Russian roulette with the gun pointed at your sack.
    So is marrying a fat woman. One day, you don't know when, that lovey dovey feeling wears off. You wake up one morning and for the first time see her as she really is. Fat.

Nut sack, meet the end of my revolver's barrel.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 04-02-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    So is marrying a fat woman. One day, you don't know when, that lovey dovey feeling wears off. You wake up one morning and for the first time see her as she really is. Fat.
    It actually sounds worse than this. Not only did you marry a fat chick, but suddenly every other chick gets fat and there is no one to leave her for and no chance to have any pleasure looking at that hot girl as she walks by. Because there are none. They're all fat. And ugly... Or something like that

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well....I guess in both cases your dick wouldn't work......

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    I feel like donating blood on cycle is fine.. Only a small amount of blood is taken and so that's only a fraction of your blood concentration at one time being added to their body.. So wont it be metabolized quickly having almost no effect, considering you needed your whole blood concentration consistently for weeks to get any effect haha
    Now I know why my wife grew a thicker beard then me after a blood transfusion. Damn you guys.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to grow and go easy on the hair?

Well....I guess in both cases your dick wouldn't work......
    Well played.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could easily be its own epic thread.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a complicated issue with not one straight forward answer. Your genetic make up has a HUGE part in the way you respond. The issue isn't just DHT related although that's a huge part of it. It's ALL 5-arII reduced steriods. The most important one being allopregnanolone. This potent neurosteroid is natures Xanax. It's reduced by the 5arII enzyme (the enzyme that propecia blocks...or destroys completely...the verdicts still out on that.) from pregnanolone. Without it, your a goddamn wreck. Can't sleep, completely anxious, can't think straight, cant focus....serenity is no longer a part of your existence. Horrific is the only way to describe it. We had guys on the site off themselves because of the state they were left in. Almost unbearable. For many, it IS unbearable.

So yeah, even though you can replace the DHT and test, It's not the same when your nerves are firing crazy because of lack of inhibition from Gaba-A. All the hormones in the world aren't gonna give you a woody if your nerves are in fight or flight mode. You NEED to be relaxed to be horny.(allopregnanolone modulates the gaba receptor to make it work/connect more efficiently to gaba.....think alcohol. Alcohol increases allopreg making Gaba inhibition more pronounced, thus the relaxing effect.)

Those are the main two, but there are more, smaller neurosteroids that are reduced by 5arII as well. You can't possibly replace all that is removed by inhibiting that enzyme. You just can't.
    I know this is an old thread but the one thing that helped me with the mental sides when I was at my worse (couldn't sleep for years, anxiety, stressed all the time etc.) was both glycine and gelatin. After I found this study I figured out why (specifically related to allopreg).

Regulation of neurosteroid allopregnanolone biosynthesis in the rat spinal cord by glycine and the alkaloidal analogs strychnine and gelsemine. - PubMed - NCBI

Also this thread reassured me

https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...activity.9361/

And also getting in relation to GABA receptors.

GABA and glycine as neurotransmitters: a brief history

That is why I also take magnesium glyicnate too.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    I know this is an old thread but the one thing that helped me with the mental sides when I was at my worse (couldn't sleep for years, anxiety, stressed all the time etc.) was both glycine and gelatin. After I found this study I figured out why (specifically related to allopreg).

Regulation of neurosteroid allopregnanolone biosynthesis in the rat spinal cord by glycine and the alkaloidal analogs strychnine and gelsemine. - PubMed - NCBI

Also this thread reassured me

https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...activity.9361/

And also getting in relation to GABA receptors.

GABA and glycine as neurotransmitters: a brief history

That is why I also take magnesium glyicnate too.
    Interesting. How much would you say it helped?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"