User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Interesting. How much would you say it helped?
    It helped me tremendously with sleep. Fin destroyed my sleep pattern and gave me insane anxiety (I never had a problem my entire life with anxiety and sleep). Except when you don't sleep you even have worse anxiety the next day than normal on top of just having normal anxiety from fin alone.

My sleep has normalized again about a few months ago so I use it occasionally sometimes but definitely not required anymore. The thing is once I got my sleep/gaba under some what control a lot of the other symptoms improved quickly. But glycine is the only thing that really helped me from an anti depressant, anxiety and sleep/stress side. I tried everything from melatonin to growth hormone.

Crazy how bad this drug really fucks up your GABA receptors.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    It helped me tremendously with sleep. Fin destroyed my sleep pattern and gave me insane anxiety (I never had a problem my entire life with anxiety and sleep). Except when you don't sleep you even have worse anxiety the next day than normal on top of just having normal anxiety from fin alone.

My sleep has normalized again about a few months ago so I use it occasionally sometimes but definitely not required anymore. The thing is once I got my sleep/gaba under some what control a lot of the other symptoms improved quickly. But glycine is the only thing that really helped me from an anti depressant, anxiety and sleep/stress side. I tried everything from melatonin to growth hormone.

My sleep has been normalized for a few months now too, ironically was one of the first things to come back. And I too noticed the improvement of everything else soon after. Going to add glycine either way though, if it boosts 5AR it'll be a good add on to EndoAmp. Just take 1-2g a night for starters I guess.

Good heads up.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    My sleep has been normalized for a few months now too, ironically was one of the first things to come back. And I too noticed the improvement of everything else soon after. Going to add glycine either way though, if it boosts 5AR it'll be a good add on to EndoAmp. Just take 1-2g a night for starters I guess.

Good heads up.
    Yup., and if you want a nice 1-2 punch try magnesium glycinate throughout the day (it is also the most bioavailble form of magnesium). So you get the free T boost from the magnesium plus the 5AR/allopreg- and boost from the glycinated chelate.

Then glycine before bed and gelatin in your morning shake/smoothie. Gelatin also contains high amounts of natural glycine and also good for joints.

Also, the sleep issue for me was first to arrive and also first to resolve.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup., and if you want a nice 1-2 punch try magnesium glycinate throughout the day (it is also the most bioavailble form of magnesium). So you get the free T boost from the magnesium plus the 5AR/allopreg- and boost from the glycinated chelate.

Then glycine before bed and gelatin in your morning shake/smoothie. Gelatin also contains high amounts of natural glycine and also good for joints.

Also, the sleep issue for me was first to arrive and also first to resolve.
    Awesome tips man, can't wait to add these.

It's funny you mentioned that being the first to resolve. Seems like that was the same for myself, you, and entropy on this forum. Seems to be a somewhat similar path to this tackling the monster.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo bone broth is probably the best way to get maximum bio-available gelatin/glycine, but it is a pain to make. Anddd Its sketchy to leave your stove top on overnight lol

So I've been considering getting some of this stuff:

Bone Broth Collagen | Dr. Axe

but who knows if its really much better than a normal supplement when its been powdered

Sleep issues and anxiety are pretty much resolved for me in that order too, but my thinking is still pretty cloudy.

Thanks for the tip! Will definitely put this in my routine as well.

Can you link the supps you use?
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 09-20-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree 100%. I've said time and time again that a HUGE part of the problem is neurological, and when I was having good days neurologically, everything else would fall into place. This is why the meditation helped me so much. I'm going to start recommending this to guys if it works as well as you say it works. I would try it, but I doubt I would notice anything anymore.

Great addition. Thanks Tubz.....

Can you PM me your source?
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 09-20-2016 at 06:00 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Imo bone broth is probably the best way to get maximum bio-available gelatin/glycine, but it is a pain to make. Anddd Its sketchy to leave your stove top on overnight lol

So I've been considering getting some of this stuff:

Bone Broth Collagen | Dr. Axe

but who knows if its really any better than a normal supplement.

Sleep issues and anxiety are pretty much resolved for me in that order too, but my thinking is still pretty cloudy.

Thanks for the tip! Will definitely put this in my routine as well.

Can you link the supps you use?
    Yes, I bought organic bone broth for a while, but now it so much easier just throwing organic free range gelatin in my green smoothies every morning. I use/used the pure glycine powder from NOW foods- it's cheap. I always prefer powders over caps/tabs..hits way quicker and absorbs better.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Agree 100%. I've said time and time again that a HUGE part of the problem is neurological, and when I was having good days neurologically, everything else would fall into place. This is why the meditation helped me so much. I'm going to start recommending this to guys if it works as well as you say it works. I would try it, but I doubt I would notice anything anymore.

Great addition. Thanks Tubz.....

Can you PM me your source?
    Down to be the guinea pig

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glycine arrived today. Going to try a dose of 3g before bed tonight.....will report back. But then again, I may not be able to tell much for you guys as my anxiety (as long as I don't high dose R-Andro) and sleep issues are long gone. But maybe I'll notice something, right?

Never Quit.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have sleep issues and always to take some thing to make me sleep. After years of using natty stuff, my body built a tolerance....so if glycine is a great help, I'm happy to use it.