User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    I'll continue using this regardless of situation probably (off and on of course), because I like the idea of this better than melatonin. Don't like using what is actually a hormone (and exogenous at that) to sleep.
    X2 on this. It was really hard for me to ween myself off melationin though...Might be mainly placebo, but I actually ended up doing a hard reset on my sleep schedule a few months back. I Pulled an all nigher and kept myself awake till 10 the next night.

Since then, its been asleep by 10 every night with meditation and blue blocking glasses. Definitely seen benefits from this.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sometimes a hard reset is just what the doctor ordered... At least you were only up one night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 09-23-2016 at 05:54 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way way better than melatonin, I even tried using up to 10mg of melatonin before and hated it. The thing about glycine is it actually helps support the underlying cause (increases GABA, allopreg and 5AR) - it's not just a band-aid (say for example xanax or ambien etc.)

If you read Ray Peat's work he mentions that people today are methionine dominant and glycine deficient which it should be the opposite, if you go back to how our early ancestors lived (they ate all the animal parts- bones, cartilage etc. which are rich in gelatin, which naturally contains high amounts of glycine)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Way way better than melatonin, I even tried using up to 10mg of melatonin before and hated it. The thing about glycine is it actually helps support the underlying cause (increases GABA, allopreg and 5AR) - it's not just a band-aid (say for example xanax or ambien etc.)

If you read Ray Peat's work he mentions that people today are methionine dominant and glycine deficient which it should be the opposite, if you go back to how our early ancestors lived (they ate all the animal parts- bones, cartilage etc. which are rich in gelatin, which naturally contains high amounts of glycine)
    Everytime I high dosed melatonin I had CRAZY ass dreams then felt all shitty in the morning...not really refreshed at all.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to grow and go easy on the hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Everytime I high dosed melatonin I had CRAZY ass dreams then felt all shitty in the morning...not really refreshed at all.
    Melatonin does the exact same shit to me. It's like the deja vu supplement for me. Dreams and it's always some flashback to a past event (party, hookup, etc.) and it's so real it's a little scary lol.

Then I wake up in the AM feeling about as refreshed as a sewer waste treatment plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Melatonin does the exact same shit to me. It's like the deja vu supplement for me. Dreams and it's always some flashback to a past event (party, hookup, etc.) and it's so real it's a little scary lol.

Then I wake up in the AM feeling about as refreshed as a sewer waste treatment plant.

So I'm going to get banged up tonight...gonna dose the glycine tomorrow or Sunday...eh...probably Sunday because I'll probably get banged up on Saturday too.....

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to grow and go easy on the hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    So I'm going to get banged up tonight...gonna dose the glycine tomorrow or Sunday...eh...probably Sunday because I'll probably get banged up on Saturday too.....
    Get banged up for the both of us.....soon I'll be back in the game.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll knock one back for the SS boys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glycine sent me into the deja vu dreams again last night but the sleep was refreshing. Top notch stuff.

Never Quit.