Quote Originally Posted by Rayjay View Post
This makes so much sense. I hadn't even considered all the other things that need the 5-AR enzyme. And I can be a bit of an anxious dude, have taken Xanax for panic attacks years ago and was on anti depressants for a while, so I can't even imagine trying to function that out of sorts.
This is the problem. Nobody considers it. NONE of these mental side effects are listed as a possible outcome of the drug. This is why I thought I was losing my mind before I stumbled onto the propecia help site. More recently, as in the last few years, they were forced to update the product insert to include depression as a possible side effect. Depression....that's it. Depression would be the least of your worries should you be sensitive to 5ar inhibition.

But after being part of that site for years, I've learned that even if the warnings were listed clearly on the product insert, guys would still take it regardless. Vanity is a fucked up thing. It makes you believe what you want....it makes you pick and choose your relative reality.

I'm glad you've decided not to take it. It's literally depression and anxiety on steroids.