User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal Physique?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 rockstarjacked's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was only allowed to choose one physique it would be Zane's. If I can achieve a body that looks anything close to Zane's, I'd be ecstatic.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Dcabedo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was only allowed to choose one physique it would be Zane's. If I can achieve a body that looks anything close to Zane's, I'd be ecstatic.
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    "Powerlifting is a manifestation of my hatred for humanity."

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as legs are concerned, how about Tom Platz?
    platz6.jpg TomPlatz1.jpg
    Last edited by WHC; 04-06-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ideal Physique?

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarjacked View Post
    You know, the height vs size is fairly attainable, actually. He competed at 185-189 at a height of 5'9. Granted, at that low weight he was sliced to ribbons. Biggest he ever got in off season was probably 220 or 230. His skeletal structure was genetically blessed ( narrow hips and wide shoulder girdle) to help him achieve this look and every muscle was shaped and refined to a point where everything flowed with "perfection" if there was such a thing.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarjacked View Post
    I always love hearing other guys' idea of an ideal male physique... For me, it lies somewhere between Frank Zane and Mike Mentzer - a combo of symmetry, leanness/vascularity, density, and size. I have friends who simply think Arnold is the ideal physique, which is tough to argue, he's a beast, but even Arnold had flaws imo. Many guys think the ideal physique is technical like x-height, y-weight, z-bodyfat. Obviously no one's opinion can really be right or wrong with this. I'm curious of my fellow PP / SS guys' opinions. Pictures are encouraged!

Love the lines and symmetry of Zane and the thick ruggedness of Mentzer. Two of my favs for different reasons.

Great thread idea.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WHC View Post
    As far as legs are concerned how about "Quadzilla", Tom Platz?
    platz6.jpg TomPlatz1.jpg
    Platz is of of my biggest inspirations. Not because he had the best body, but because of his intense drive to take his body (and mind) places that no o e had gone to before.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guys just looked so much harder back then, todays guys have the same bf and all that, but just look more blown up....mentzer looks like a mack truck......not many guys today have that granite like build....i can tfind the word but you get me.....even into the 90s the top guys just looked different, its changed

i know old school they trained longer and harder and generally on less gear, no gh, no slin and all the other shit.......its become so technical and over thought to a science, that theyve lost something somewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    guys just looked so much harder back then, todays guys have the same bf and all that, but just look more blown up....mentzer looks like a mack truck......not many guys today have that granite like build....i can tfind the word but you get me.....even into the 90s the top guys just looked different, its changed

i know old school they trained longer and harder and generally on less gear, no gh, no slin and all the other shit.......its become so technical and over thought to a science, that theyve lost something somewhere
    They look like balloons now. So if they aren't flexing, it doesn't look rock solid to me.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 rockstarjacked's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post

I couldn't agree more with this!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHC View Post
    As far as legs are concerned how about "Quadzilla", Tom Platz?
    platz6.jpg TomPlatz1.jpg
    although i agree platz had some of the best legs ever, quadzilla was actually paul demayo