Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideal Physique?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    although i agree platz had some of the best legs ever, quadzilla was actually paul demayo
    I stand corrected. Will edit post.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    although i agree platz had some of the best legs ever, quadzilla was actually paul demayo
    Actually, Tom Platz was referred to as "Quadzilla" before Demayo was even on the scene yet, if memory serves me correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    Actually, Tom Platz was referred to as "Quadzilla" before Demayo was even on the scene yet, if memory serves me correctly.
    Sounds like we need an old schooler to clear this up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Platz is of of my biggest inspirations. Not because he had the best body, but because of his intense drive to take his body (and mind) places that no o e had gone to before.
    Some say this was 485 lbs, some 495, some 500, some 525. I don't know which. It's an example of that intensity, though. Looks like 495.
    Last edited by WHC; 04-06-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHC View Post
    Sounds like we need an old schooler to clear this up.
    I kinda am an "old schooler". lol I'm 38 and been following bodybuilding since the mid/late 80's. Paul Demayo didn't start making the magazines much til around 90' and Platz had already been big news since late 70's or early 80's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    I kinda am an "old schooler". lol I'm 38 and been following bodybuilding since the mid/late 80's. Paul Demayo didn't start making the magazines much til around 90' and Platz had already been big news since late 70's or early 80's.
    Sounds good to me. Except that I'm only 2 years behind you and I'm not quite ready to consider myself "old school" yet! Say it ain't so.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 rockstarjacked's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i'm 19... sooo you're all "old schoolers" to me haha. I loved PP's forum and of course this forum now and combing your guys' brains for the knowledge that only comes from experience. That's the most important kind of knowledge imo. I try to read as much science and facts as possible, but the anecdotal evidence from people who have tried and experimented on their own is extremely valuable to me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarjacked View Post
    Well i'm 19... sooo you're all "old schoolers" to me haha. I loved PP's forum and of course this forum now and combing your guys' brains for the knowledge that only comes from experience. That's the most important kind of knowledge imo. I try to read as much science and facts as possible, but the anecdotal evidence from people who have tried and experimented on their own is extremely valuable to me.
    u bastard. i used to be the youngest one on the forum. dam. i'm only 20 though, so i guess we're pretty much the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHC View Post
    Sounds good to me. Except that I'm only 2 years behind you and I'm not quite ready to consider myself "old school" yet! Say it ain't so.
    It's not so much the being 38, it's that I have bodybuilding magazines from 86' or 87' (my buddy got me interested in lifting when I was 13) which is getting back into "old school" territory.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 rockstarjacked's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u bastard. i used to be the youngest one on the forum. dam. i'm only 20 though, so i guess we're pretty much the same.
    Haha we're in the same boat. Kinda glad i'm not the only one who's this young here tbh. Sifting through these guys' experiences and knowledge puts us way ahead of the game compared to the guys our age who are trying to figure out everything for themselves. And idk about you, but i have friends our age who are all screwed up from prohormone cycles that they had no business getting involved in. It's ashame.