User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Bill Dwyer View Post
    From what I understand Epi IS an AI. The dry joints from Epi are supposedly because of this. However bro-lore states that you need to worry about an E2 rebound occurring when you discontinue Epi so right before you discontinue use, bro-lore says to run an AI and then into PCT. I've never experienced E2 rebound with Epi, even after 60 days at 50mg so even though it makes sense, I'm not sure this is the case.

*edit IME Epi has very few androgenic sides. It's easy on the bacne and the hairline.
    Piggybacking on what Bill said, I'd actually run an AI during PCT, which helps you deal with the low natural androgens in your body at the end of a cycle.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 HIXX504's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is out there...

Thanks guys.
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did see some results from Epi but my joints were screaming by the end. This was also with a test base so I believe the E2 lowering effect was very strong in my case. This alone will prevent me from running it again. I know everyone reacts differently but Epi is not for me.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand Epi IS an AI. The dry joints from Epi are supposedly because of this. However bro-lore states that you need to worry about an E2 rebound occurring when you discontinue Epi so right before you discontinue use, bro-lore says to run an AI and then into PCT. I've never experienced E2 rebound with Epi, even after 60 days at 50mg so even though it makes sense, I'm not sure this is the case.

*edit IME Epi has very few androgenic sides. It's easy on the bacne and the hairline.
    Epi is not an AI in any way. Ive seen bloodwork that showed estro to be high during epi cycles. Though, it may be an estrogen antagonist though because it is an androgen.
    Iron Legion Rep

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epi should not be considered treatment, preventative or cure to anything estrogen related.

OP - you could also consider H-Drol with the right diet if wanting a change from Epi perhaps.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get much from Epi except dry joints. Although Mechabol is more suited to bulking, you can cut on it, and it feels great. There are some Mechabol clones out there, but get Antaeus if you still can.

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    I didn't get much from Epi except dry joints. Although Mechabol is more suited to bulking, you can cut on it, and it feels great. There are some Mechabol clones out there, but get Antaeus if you still can.
    we still have some AL Mecha for $30/bottle...
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consider me schooled, I put out some bad bro-lore. Epi has never been reported as an AI, it's been touted as an "anti-estrogen" more specifically it antagonizes estrogen in breast tissue. From what I gather these assertions are based on studies of the non-methylated parent compound 2α,3α-epithio-5a-androstan-17β-ol. The Japanese studied it in the 70's as an anti-gyno drug and anti-breast cancer drug and said it had utility as both.

Here's one of the originial gyno studies.
    2α 3α-Epithio-5α-androstan-17β-ol in Treatment of Gynecomastia

The epi sold as a dietary supplement has the addition of a 17a methyl group.

While we all know that this 17a methyl group addition increases oral bioavailability, we don't know empirically what other effects, if any, it may have. So it would be irresponsible to say it would have the same effects as Epitiostanol, even if this seems very likely.

Ancedotal reports (I.E. bro-lore) state that Epi is affective for some users in reducing Gyno pain and occasionally size.

So once again sorry for the bad info, I'm going to edit the original post so as to avoid propigating garbage info.
    Last edited by Fat Bill Dwyer; 04-10-2013 at 07:14 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    epi jacked my blood pressure to the point i was getting some pretty epic nose bleeds- well that and jack3d.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the attraction is that Epi is just so damn easy. PCT is a breeze with that stuff.
    not for everyone, that shit hurt my lipids more than tren in half the time