User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depressed as Fuck-- blood test results

So I got the result of yet another testosterone blood test back... 11 nmol/L. Ref range 8.4-28.8. The last one was 13, the one before that 9. (TT and SHBG were not tested on today's test) I am at a loss what to do... part of me says go to endo, get a thorough workup. But what will that accomplish? there are no organic causes of my low test level like testicular cancer (got checked for this); the set point for my body is just low. s/he will likely prescribe HCG/SERMS or TRT. SERMs? Maybe a temporary fix but from what I've read the elevation is not permanent and many don't even feel like they have extra test. TRT? I don't want to go on that at this age.

I am thinking.. am I overtraining? undersleeping? but those things could not so drastically lower my T as to make me practically hypogonadal.

So basically it comes down to... deal with the low test. try to find things that mildly elevate it (Bulbine does NOT). try to build muscle slowly but sustainably.

OR-- blast every single fucking PH I have on hand one after another for one final moment of glory before I settle down and deal with the issue. I feel like even this way, my test level will probably settle back into the same range, so wtf have I got to lose??

i am frustrated as hell, trying hard not to go swallow an entire bottle of ultradrol.

your thoughts would be greatly appreciated guys. this one hit below the belt.
    Last edited by pman42; 04-10-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SERM therapy can lead to overall higher test levels after cessation. The feeling of being on a SERM is not what you are pursuing, it is the results that come after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We see this all the time, here are the positives you do make testosterone your level although it is low is within the normal ranges.
    This tells us a couple of things, the first being that the mechanics of your body the hypothalamus/Pituitary/testes are all functioning.

So basically a simple tune up and you should be feeling better, a more comprehensive blood test would have given many more answers.

But you can make small simple changes today which will benefit you.
    Yes the first being over training, as much as some guys don't like to do it, bodybuilding has always been a sport of less is more you don't grow in the gym you grow at home in bed and adequate rest periods between muscle groups.

I'll make you this challenge right here right now based on this 1 blood test only. Buy 1 x res100 from me in 30 days time re-test your bloods if they are not improved by at least + 5nmol/L i'll give you a full refund......personally i would expect it to be much more than 5nmo/L though.

1 catch you have to do your training and diet exactly how i lay it out for you.
    And i'll need you to post a hard copy of your before and after blood work.
    Res100 the most powerful Testosterone Booster www.WickedSupplements.com
    We Ship World Wide! Save 10% with members only discount: SS10 Order Online: www.OnlineNutrition.com.au

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Good guy here with this one.

If you have insurance, go see a doctor/endo. A second/professional opinion, is just that; an opinion. You do not need to follow it, bit it won't hurt.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    ^^ Good guy here with this one.

If you have insurance, go see a doctor/endo. A second/professional opinion, is just that; an opinion. You do not need to follow it, bit it won't hurt.
    Good advice. Maybe they will see something that needs to be addressed. Not sure if you've checked thyroid and/or adrenals before, but could be something there.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the replies guys, it helps even just to have you post. I will try the endo route, sooner rather than later. i may also try the res 100.

H2s, I guess my question was whether the SERM elevation is a) semi-permanent and b) has the equivalent biological effects of that level of testosterone, were it produced naturally without the need for drugs. Jelisej, before he left, alluded to the fact that maybe it might not have the effect of naturally higher test levels

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Depressed as Fuck-- blood test results

Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    thanks for the replies guys, it helps even just to have you post. I will try the endo route, sooner rather than later. i may also try the res 100.

H2s, I guess my question was whether the SERM elevation is a) semi-permanent and b) has the equivalent biological effects of that level of testosterone, were it produced naturally without the need for drugs. Jelisej, before he left, alluded to the fact that maybe it might not have the effect of naturally higher test levels
    SERMs will keep testosterone elevated for a bit after cessation of the compound, but will eventually drop to your setpoint. However, I have heard some people have been able to reset their setpoint at a slightly higher level. What I do not recall is if this was with SERM therapy. I do know there was a study with letrozole done on hypogonadal men who were given a very short course of the drug and even 6 months later their test levels remained elevated. A new setpoint had been created.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said before you are making testosterone, a comprehensive blood panel will indicate how and why you have within range low testosterone you certainly are not a candidate for HRT from an endo. We have posted on this forum several blood tests from people who were diagnosed as needing HRT with levels of 4nmol/L to now return levels in the 20+ range even after getting them off HRT.

So to have a level of 11 is an even better starting point for improvement.

There is many things a blood test will tell you and then some simple questions about, your body, diet, lifestyle, drug history inc party drugs/steroids pro hormone etc and your training.

As i said i'll do it 100% money back guarantee inc the conditions above i stated, the forum can hold me accountable if i dont refund you and im not going to look very popular if 1 it doesn't work and 2 i dont refund you, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

A blood test to figure out the hows and whys should include the following:

Testosterone total
    Testosterone free
    LH/FSH
    SHBG
    Cortisol
    Estrogen
    Prolactin

Cholesterol total
    LDL/HDL
    Triglycerides

LFT
    FBC
    Vitamin D

Once you have all the info from a blood test like this it is much easier to see why you have low testosterone and the above questions too, once all is known you can fix the underlying problems as to why you have low testosterone.

We dont just wake up one day with low testosterone there will be reasons as to why address those problems and tune up the system and you can be back to what you should be in no time.
    Res100 the most powerful Testosterone Booster www.WickedSupplements.com
    We Ship World Wide! Save 10% with members only discount: SS10 Order Online: www.OnlineNutrition.com.au

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to throw my 2 pennies in, stressing about it can tank hormone levels.

I do speak from experience.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks O.N. The panel that came back yesterday didn't have free testosterone, SHBG, or even T3 levels as it says these things are not indicated for my situation. hopefully an endo can order more thorough blood testing.

I guess my last question, which was kind of silly, was: is it incredibly counterproductive to cycle at this point? I had hoped to get a few more under my belt but if it puts me in a worse place for recovery then maybe I shouldn't.