User Tag List

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Today I deadlifted, perfect motion, 1 rep, 365 pounds. I mean I know that nowhere NEAR some of you guys' pr's here. But for a guy who's 170 pounds, and in carb depletion, and hormone free... it felt like I accomplished something great.

I have to admit I have been shying away from going HEAVY on deadlifts, was doing 15 reps, around 200 pounds. But recently my mind is set to make it to 405 pounds!! At least a few reps, perfect motion! So I'll be doing deads twice a week! Until I make it! I'll do deads Monday as well (even though it's delts and tri's day), but because that's my REFEED day, I will finish with deads on that day, at least 4 sets. 3 sets rep out like crazy (as advised by Mark, for the Glucose demand purposes), and then KILL the last set with 1 rep HEAVY! And Thursdays I'll be focusing on HEAVIER Deadzz!!! This is war yo!
    Are you saying you will go for a max on both dead days? If that was the case, I would say rethink that. If you want to get stronger on deads, work on hip mobility, lower posterior chain work, sldl work, glutes, good mornings, CORE WORK, stuff like that.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I love the enthusiasim you bring to the table and would gladly train with you anytime, I agree o_ryan_007 here. Thats kind of a clash with your current training and as counter intuitive as it may seem with the deads less is more man.

I have every belief you will achieve your goal

But, may I humbly suggest you not use deads as a finisher movement! Keep killing it on thursday with some low rep sets of either 3 x 3 or 3 x 5, and work in some variations. Your body will appreciate it, growth will happen, and you will achieve your goal! Going too close to your max, too many times in a row will grind your progress to a halt in my opinion, either that or you aren't really at your max with that 365. do some of the rep work followed by accessory work for 2 or 3 weeks then retry. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how it turns out.

Either way bro you've been killing it man! and double body weight in any lift is good shit! Will be watching to see how things turn out for you

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    Are you saying you will go for a max on both dead days? If that was the case, I would say rethink that. If you want to get stronger on deads, work on hip mobility, lower posterior chain work, sldl work, glutes, good mornings, CORE WORK, stuff like that.
    This is the EXACT reason I love this board! I take everything you guys say to heart. Eventhough my drive is sick and I am overly determined, I remain COMPLETELY open for any advise! Even if it's contrary to what I have aimed for. And Yeah Ryan, I DID plan on going twice a week, at max rep. But Now I see things differently, thanks to your advise! Means much bro really! I have to do some research on what you mean though by lower posterior chain work and sldl work. (Sometimes even when I read some of the exercises that Rodja posts in his log, I go like: ''what?! '' ). I'll look into them man thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    While I love the enthusiasim you bring to the table and would gladly train with you anytime, I agree o_ryan_007 here. Thats kind of a clash with your current training and as counter intuitive as it may seem with the deads less is more man.

I have every belief you will achieve your goal

But, may I humbly suggest you not use deads as a finisher movement! Keep killing it on thursday with some low rep sets of either 3 x 3 or 3 x 5, and work in some variations. Your body will appreciate it, growth will happen, and you will achieve your goal! Going too close to your max, too many times in a row will grind your progress to a halt in my opinion, either that or you aren't really at your max with that 365. do some of the rep work followed by accessory work for 2 or 3 weeks then retry. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how it turns out.

Either way bro you've been killing it man! and double body weight in any lift is good shit! Will be watching to see how things turn out for you
    Thanks Sorrow my friend! So you say, do max every 3 weeks? and ONLY do deads on Thursdays right? Would it be wise to do deads EVERY Thursday??? or switch to as Ryan advised, Good mornings and stuff like that INSTEAD of deads???

Advise! Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your lower posterior chain is your lower back, glutes, hamstrings, calves. Stiff legged deadlifts (SLDL). Look into elitefts.com for some good ideas of lower posterior chain work. Also watch the videos, So you think you can squat, and So you think you can deadlift on elitefts.com. I love this site!!! Plenty of smart powerlifters that love to share to make you Strong(ER).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on it! Thanks bro!!

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is kind of a matter of personal opinion but I'm going to guess you can already pull 405. Take a look at the elitefts stuff come up with a specific plan and post it up! We can tweak from there but for you its probably going to be more of matter that you just need to get accustomed to having the heavier weights in your hands and develop the motor pathways / specific strength etc.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like sorrow said I bet you can pull 405 right now.
    I didn't do heavy deads for 6-8 weeks and I was able to pull 405 quickly after I was back doing them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Like sorrow said I bet you can pull 405 right now.
    I didn't do heavy deads for 6-8 weeks and I was able to pull 405 quickly after I was back doing them.
    SAme for me, I didn't pull for about 6 wks due to nagging hip discomfort, but when I came back I pulled 515, with my previous best at 495. I did go for 545, but I only got it up about 3 inches off the ground, but that was the best I've ever done off the ground.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    SAme for me, I didn't pull for about 6 wks due to nagging hip discomfort, but when I came back I pulled 515, with my previous best at 495. I did go for 545, but I only got it up about 3 inches off the ground, but that was the best I've ever done off the ground.
    Its crazy how the body can gain that strength back so quick and even make you stronger...
    When my leg was busted I didn't think 405 would be possible so quick and I'm glad I went for it and pulled it fairly easy.

VayneZ,
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow support!!! Thanks a lot guys!!

This is gonna be a very busy weekend for me, but I'll try and go over a few things on elitefts maybe Sunday evening. Just killed biceps and abs, and now of to work.

I'm gonna try again to go for 405 in 8 weeks, right before I leave for Miami. I'll make sure to post a plan next week, so you guys can fix it nicely and have me prepared for this goal! IT'S ON!!!