User Tag List

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plan A is the way I'd do it, but I'd add a shower before the meal so you can just chill out after.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say plan B. The shake post workout would give something for your body to digest prior to the massive carb influx. I'm thinking that might help regulate the uptake a bit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plan C. Eat a mega carb meal with really low fats. Just what I'd do. High carbs and high fats = disaster. Massive insulin response and bad fats looking for a new home; your body

Have you read Lyle McDonald's Ultimate diet v2? Low to really low carbs in the week and high carb low fats for a day or two at the weekend. OK, maybe what I'm suggesting goes against the traditional cheat meal concept, but I believe you'll have much better results.

If you really have to combine high fats and carbs, DCP and Slin-sane by Genomyx are very good at limiting damage.
    Last edited by markam; 12-09-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes like markam said make it a high carb meal not high carb and hi bad fat meal.
    Your body will thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Slin-Sane, gut health, and recompadrol are all in my bag for my Vegas trip.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    I'd say plan B. The shake post workout would give something for your body to digest prior to the massive carb influx. I'm thinking that might help regulate the uptake a bit.
    I was also thinking something similar, especially when I read Eric's post of how to stimulate amino acids uptake:

quote:
    ''Keeping post-exercise carbohydrate consumption low can prolong the nutrient uptake window created from training (via increased insulin sensitivity). (1) This is because training increases the muscle cells demand for nutrients, including amino acids, for repair and sugars to replace muscle glycogen.''

And I've been doing HIGH Carb post workout shakes for a year, didn't really gave me the same results I'm seeing right now. And I KNOW that the PH's are not the only reasons I'm seeing these amazing results.

Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Plan C. Eat a mega carb meal with really low fats. Just what I'd do. High carbs and high fats = disaster. Massive insulin response and bad fats looking for a new home; your body

Have you read Lyle McDonald's Ultimate diet v2? Low to really low carbs in the week and high carb low fats for a day or two at the weekend. OK, maybe what I'm suggesting goes against the traditional cheat meal concept, but I believe you'll have much better results.

If you really have to combine high fats and carbs, DCP and Slin-sane by Genomyx are very good at limiting damage.
    This makes sense! And dude, at this mental point I am right now... taste? tradition? satisfying cravings? those things are definitely NOT important right now! If I can see a killer looking body when I flex in the mirror Post PCT, THEN I am happy

What would be a few examples of a good high carb and not so high fatted meal?

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Yes like markam said make it a high carb meal not high carb and hi bad fat meal.
    Your body will thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Slin-Sane, gut health, and recompadrol are all in my bag for my Vegas trip.
    All I have right now is DCP... which I was actually saving for Post PCT during a cutting cycle I have in mind. But it would not hurt to use it if it's just for one day a week! What dosage would be a good idea for a cheat meal? And take it right with the Cheat Meal or maybe 30 minutes before or so?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Genomyx, DCP forty five minutes before a meal is optimum, but 30 minutes is ok. Slin-sane is were it's at for carbs, though, 15-20 minutes before meal. Slin-sane v1 take 2 caps before a really high carb meal, Slin-sane v2 take 1 cap.

If you can keep the carbs really low and do a high rep workout to deplete any glycogen, then have your high carb meal. Oats sweet potatoes, low fat biscuits, sugary breakfast cereal, just minimum fats. If your body has been burning fat for energy for the previous five days, it won't switch back to burning glucose immediately, so it will continue trying to use fat for energy, while (hopefully) your body will use the carbs for glycogen. Lyle McDonald explains all this in his 'Ultimate Diet v2' ebook. Good luck!

Maybe double dose before this meal (4 caps with plenty of water).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took this Saturday morning, when I woke up

Dec_random.jpg

This is what I'm having in about an hour when I'm at the office. I know I know, not as creative and pro as Scope! But trying something new here!!! About a cup and a half of oatmeal in almond milk with Peacan cookies! (after 6 days without carbs this shall be euphoric in the tummy), and 160 grams of Grouper Fillet.

After this I'll have two more meals (Pasta with ground beef), and this shall be my CARB-UP day!
    carb-up Meal.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Took this Saturday morning, when I woke up

Dec_random.jpg

This is what I'm having in about an hour when I'm at the office. I know I know, not as creative and pro as Scope! But trying something new here!!! About a cup and a half of oatmeal in almond milk with Peacan cookies! (after 6 days without carbs this shall be euphoric in the tummy), and 160 grams of Grouper Fillet.

After this I'll have two more meals (Pasta with ground beef), and this shall be my CARB-UP day!
    carb-up Meal.jpg
    Bro that cookie oatmeal deal you made looks killer and that's something I'll have to work some of my magic on and make it look as good as it probably tasted.
    I'm thinking some raw cookie dough in the mix instead of the out of the box cookies!!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midsection coming in well, good work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Midsection coming in well, good work.
    Thanks coach! We still got those stubborn bodyfats to go!

What I really like about my bathroom is, that is has THE WORST light/mirror combo ever. So it doesn't fool you, like when you look at yourself at the gym.