User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Citrulline Malate and Agmatine Sulfate: An inside look by Freepressright

What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good pump.

Blessed with the ability to get better-than-average pumps on my own, I can generally feel very pronounced effects from supplements that aim to increase nitric oxide. From regular L-arginine and AAKG to ornithine and icariin, I feel like I've tried it all when it comes to NO donors.

But there was a serious void in my chest of treasures. I'm one of those who had read the many good reviews on agmatine sulfate, but not yet sampled it for myself.

Before I extol the virtues of ag sulfate, let me back up a bit.

I have sensitive lower GI and have found L-arginine and AAKG to cause diarrhea if taken in large doses. Fortunately, there's citrulline malate, a precursor to arginine and somewhat of a longer-acting NO donor. I respond well to it and don't get the diarrhea. Most of the authors of material on CM claim it's fairly easy on the gut.

The fast, intense punch of agmatine sulfate only seemed like the perfect compliment to citrulline malate, so last week I placed an order at Prescription Nutrition for both. You simply cannot beat their prices.

Friday, my order arrived, and I decided to kick things off at around 10:30 a.m. with a 3g dose of citrulline malate and 750 mg of ag sulfate, so as to get the blood levels flowing several hours before my 4:30 p.m. workout.

One thing I would note about the ag sulfate is that although it smells of rancid, decaying garbage, the powder has virtually no taste at all. I used some sugar-free fruit-punch flavored water enhancer (sucralose-sweetened) in 8 ounces of water and added a teaspoon (5 cc) of citrulline and some ag sulfate. The end result was a sour punch, reminiscent of Tropicana Twister's orange cranberry punch flavor that was popular when I was a kid.

I had no GI upset from either compound.

I did the same thing at around 3:30 p.m. before leaving work. Still no gastric upset.

I went home to hit the P90x arms and shoulders training DVD. I did notice enhancement in pump and a definite push in endurance. It wasn't anything I hadn't felt before, but I could tell I had taken something.

I did the same thing before my workout on Saturday and it seemed to be slightly better than the day before. But the one thing I noticed by Saturday afternoon, and not to give too much information, was that my junk was starting to feel "heavier" and I was experiencing a somewhat more meaty 'hang.'

By late afternoon, my girlfriend was getting out of the shower and I went upstairs to my bedroom. I walked in and she was wrapped in a towel, lying on my bed texting. Within seconds I was feeling a very aggressive growth going on down below. Not long thereafter, I had a full-on, raging erection that I couldn't contain.

Sparing you the details, I opted to put it to immediate use.

Sunday I had an extremely long day. I drove out of town twice and was out extremely late. I got to bed around 1 a.m. and had every intention of going straight to sleep. But my girlfriend was undressing, and I became aroused. This was very similar to the day before, but the response was even more intense.

By the time I crawled into bed, things were so hard that a cat couldn't scratch it. And when I tell you I put it to use, I think I might have damaged her kidney in the process. And as if that weren't enough, I awoke this morning with a fierce case of the morning wood that was far more intense than normal.

Tonight I will be resuming tests on the athletic endurance and pump elements of both, but I've drawn a few conclusions thus far:

Although I have used citrulline malate before and regard it as an effective maintenance protocol for sexual function, I don't recall it ever being as 'in your face' in feel as before. I think the agmatine sulfate is adding fuel to citrulline's fire, and it appears to be improving more every day.

My goal of getting these was not sexual enhancement. I'm loving P90x and I just wanted some extra pump. But I'm getting more than I bargained for and am certainly not complaining.

I'm going to gradually up my dose of ag sulfate. It appears as though you can take up to 3g without any major gastric disturbance. But all in all, this has been a fun acquisition, and I'll keep everyone posted as to what I encounter.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meaty hang? LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know what else to call it

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FP, you don't need a full time woman man, a dick that could cut diamonds, in shape, guitar player, all you need is to buy shares in Trojan, and have at her!
    Last edited by olddawg; 04-15-2013 at 08:08 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's your dose of agmatine exactly?

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice review. I have been using the Citruline with my Creatine HCL and have really liked it. I have been thinking of adding in Agmatine Sulfate and now I think I will.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take 6g citrulline malate, 1.5-3 g of Ag sulfate, and 3 g of creatine hcl pre workout and things are amazing! And I can attest to the massive bone action as well. I like taking the dose prior to go time on sundays as an extra kicker!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z View Post
    very nice review. I have been using the Citruline with my Creatine HCL and have really liked it. I have been thinking of adding in Agmatine Sulfate and now I think I will.
    this is my preworkout

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Citrulline Malate and Agmatine Sulfate: An inside look by Freepressright

Interesting. I've taken 1.5 to 3 g of agmatine both solo and with 6-7 g of citrulline malate and also the same amount of citrulline malate solo. I don't notice any difference with the agmatine. At all.

Citrulline does improve my pumps in the gym and I like it for that, but has zero advantage to me in the erectile department.

I have been mixing 3g creatine HCl with 1.5g agmatine, 7g citrulline, and a teaspoon of beet root powder in my peptopro. When its all gone, I'll probably go without all but the peptopro for a while. I may bring back the citrulline and the creatine HCl later, though, as I could tell a difference from both of these.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    what's your dose of agmatine exactly?
    The first day it was two divided doses of 750mg. Lately it's been 1.5 mg along with 3g of citrulline malate 45 minutes pre-workout.