User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    ^^^ This. You have pigeon-holed yourself into a corner by deciding that you cannot/will not increase your intake. If that's what you've decided, then that is fine, but you have to realize that other sacrifices come with that decision. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Rodja's point about you saying you can't get bigger because of your industry and then saying you want to use AAS seems to contradict itself. I did see you refer above, though, more specifically to strength gains. However, strength is not simply a function of muscle, it is an accommodation of the CNS as well. You can get stronger without getting any bigger. If you cannot gain strength, then you are not strength training properly and you have not exhausted all routes. Have you ever looked into periodization?
    Okay it seems you guys are missing my point, i'm going to say this as simply as i can. I want to gain strength, i cant gain fat or size, How do i do this? That is my dilemma. Burlyman i havent looked into periodization training, can you enlighten me?

***I completley realize i can't have my cake and eat it to as you said, hence why if theres no way for me to get stronger without getting bigger or eating more then fuck it looks like im maintaining what i have untill i find a different career.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AestheticOne View Post
    Okay it seems you guys are missing my point, i'm going to say this as simply as i can. I want to gain strength, i cant gain fat or size, How do i do this? That is my dilemma. Burlyman i havent looked into periodization training, can you enlighten me?

***I completley realize i can't have my cake and eat it to as you said, hence why if theres no way for me to get stronger without getting bigger or eating more then fuck it looks like im maintaining what i have untill i find a different career.
    Look into conjugate or block periodization and be prepared to read for HOURS. Strength is a fickly mistress and everything you think you know about strength and technique will more than likely be thrown out after reading up on either of these methods.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Look into conjugate or block periodization and be prepared to read for HOURS. Strength is a fickly mistress and everything you think you know about strength and technique will more than likely be thrown out after reading up on either of these methods.
    Rodja speaks truth.

And AestheticOne, you misread something I said above. I said you CAN get stronger without getting bigger. At least to a point. Look at the example of some powerlifters who stay in their weight class for years, but continue to increase their totals. Strength and size do have a correlation, but HOW you train and eat also determines some of this.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if you go all out with your planning and strategy and intensify your lifting, you can get bigger and stronger without gaining fat using intermittent fasting.

Tough though. Easier to just bump calories by 500 then cut a little before each photo shoot.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert, but I have heard there is a specific way to train the CNS system to increase strength, I heard that a lot of Olympic lifters who are confined to a weight class often train this way.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I'm no expert, but I have heard there is a specific way to train the CNS system to increase strength, I heard that a lot of Olympic lifters who are confined to a weight class often train this way.
    Oly lifting is dominated moreso by technique reinforcement than the CNS. You have to remember that there is no eccentric portion of an Oly lift, which is the CNS killer. The CNS is trained through two primary components: strength-speed and speed-strength aka the max effort and dynamic effort. Doing them properly, though, is an entirely different discussion.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay, thanks for the info guys, i'll start reading up on whats posted above