Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tyranny in America? Somewhat funny vid

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    understanding how corrupt govt can be, and collateral damage, im leaning slightly to it was planned from within......and im sorry but the manner in which bin laden was killed and subsequently sent to sea because its what his family/religion wants.....not sold on that either
    The story that was told has more holes than a wheel of swiss cheese.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    Cool... we finally agree on something! lol
    on the latter, most outside america see that as fishy.......youd think america's most wanted for a decade would have been brought before court at a minimum and so on, much like saddam.....he was shot, killed, and floated off inside 2 hours......and footage/pics are sketchy at best.............jmo, hes somewhere laughing and happy and probably looks like robert redford after his million dollar plastic surgery to disappear

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the latter, most outside america see that as fishy.......youd think america's most wanted for a decade would have been brought before court at a minimum and so on, much like saddam.....he was shot, killed, and floated off inside 2 hours......and footage/pics are sketchy at best.............jmo, hes somewhere laughing and happy and probably looks like robert redford after his million dollar plastic surgery to disappear
    Could be. It would not surprise me one bit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranny in America? Somewhat funny vid

But DJ, Obama said it was Osama. What more proof do you need?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    You live in Britain, right? Which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the developed world.

Given that one of the most vocal advocates for gun control in the aftermath of Sandy Hook has been a British citizen – Piers Morgan – who has used his platform on CNN to attack the second amendment, the contrast is illuminating.

Despite the fact that it is virtually impossible for an average citizen to obtain a gun through legal channels in Britain, the rate of violent crime in the UK is higher per capita than the US and the highest in the world amongst “rich” countries aside from Australia, which also instituted a draconian gun ban in the 1990′s.

Violent crime worse in Britain than in US | Mail Online

Preventing law-abiding people from owning guns clearly has no impact on violent crime, and if anything causes it to rise because the criminals know their victims will not be able to defend themselves.

In addition, you are more than twice as likely to be a victim of knife crime in the UK than you are a victim of gun crime in the United States, but there is no media debate about banning kitchen knives.

Chad Perrin: SOB Statistics 101: US Gun Crime vs. UK Knife Crime

Despite virtually all handguns being outlawed in 1996 following the Dunblane school massacre in Scotland, with law-abiding people people rushing to turn in their firearms, over the next decade gun crime in the UK more than doubled. This proves that while law-abiding citizens willingly disarmed themselves, criminals were unfazed by the new laws and continued to use guns illegally. Therefore gun control only disarms innocent people since criminals do not follow the law.

Firearms offences more than double since Dunblane - Telegraph

As the Wall Street Journal recently noted, “Strict gun laws in Great Britain and Australia haven’t made their people noticeably safer, nor have they prevented massacres.”

Joyce Lee Malcolm: Two Cautionary Tales of Gun Control - WSJ.com

In summary, despite a widespread ban on gun ownership in the United Kingdom, it is the most dangerous place to live in terms of violent crime in the entire western world.
    Apologies for not replying yesterday, but I had posted just before leaving for work.

Firstly, I'd disregard what the papers say, especially the sensationalist Mail. I will just talk about my own experience of the matter.

Anyway, I live in London and I have never even seen any gun or even knife crime for that matter. I'm sure if I were to frequent notorious crime areas I probably would have. This is just my experience of living in London and I should mention that I'm out gigging five nights a week so I'm hardly living a 'quiet life'. Where I live you get burglary and petty theft, but often that is usually due to someone's carelessness with their own security.
    Last edited by markam; 01-23-2013 at 04:10 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with FPR on this. You get rid of guns, crime goes up.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
    There was a robbery that turned into a hostage situation down the road from my house. You can see the gas station it happened at from the deck in the back yard - it was that close.
    The SWAT team was called in, tons of police cars and other emergency vehicles in the area, lighting the place up.
    Long story short, hostages were released and the guy was shot (he shot at a SWAT member).
    This all started at about 2am. It was done and over with before sunrise. I didn't find out about it until I got to work and people were asking me about it. I slept through the whole thing and it was within viewing distance from my house.

Stuff happens and it was always happen.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post

There was a robbery that turned into a hostage situation down the road from my house. You can see the gas station it happened at from the deck in the back yard - it was that close.
    The SWAT team was called in, tons of police cars and other emergency vehicles in the area, lighting the place up.
    Long story short, hostages were released and the guy was shot (he shot at a SWAT member).
    This all started at about 2am. It was done and over with before sunrise. I didn't find out about it until I got to work and people were asking me about it. I slept through the whole thing and it was within viewing distance from my house.

So someone took a hostage, most likely with a gun, and this shows that guns stop crime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't agree, but anyway I'd rather have more crime and less dead children!

edit update.

As BigCLS so cleverly pointed out in the next post, killing children is also a crime. ya think?!?
    Hopefully most of you will have realized that I was using the word crime in relation to the post I was replying to. Personally, I wouldn't refer to 'killing children' as just a crime, as 'cold blooded murder' seems more apt.
    Last edited by markam; 01-23-2013 at 08:20 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Don't agree, but anyway I'd rather have more crime and less dead children!
    Children dead is a crime.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCLS View Post
    Children dead is a crime.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The post I replied to was referring to a robbery/hostage situation. See post #248
    Last edited by markam; 01-23-2013 at 08:20 AM.