I hope you all take this the right way. I do not mean to offend, nor do I associate you guys with the descriptions below.

Educate me a little bit, guys. I've never smoked weed in my life. I've been against it's recreational use for the sheer purpose that everyone I knew or met over the years who used it was an idiot. They all had the same "pot smoker" laugh. They had very little critical thinking skills, i.e. cause and effect and bad judgement. They were all "losers" in my mind and going nowhere in life.

So help me understand. Were these guys just losers to begin with, who chose to smoke? Did the MJ have nothing to do with this at all? Or is this a characteristic of an abuser vs an occasional user? I know that those of you on this board who smoke do not strike me as being the least bit similar to those I have interacted with in the past.

Medical needed MJ is a non-issue for me. Doctors prescribe vicodin, oxycontin and even cocaine. All of which alter someones state. I see MJ or the THC in it as very much the same.