User Tag List

Threaded View

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Yes absolutely. Assuming you've got the framework locked in, the herbs are great. From my personal experience, I built my framework for a few months and then once I added the herbs, it was honestly a night and day difference. Funny coincidence, I'm learning about synergy in one of my classes right now also.

As far as the french fries and ice cream added into your backloading window, I understand the replenishment of glycogen now that I've had it explained, I could see the benefits of that in a fitness sense, but regarding a PFS state, wouldn't the implementation of gluten free junk food still hinder your condition? I can't imagine that I could add in high quality ice cream into my backloading days and still recover, since it's still junk food. Or is there something about backloading that makes it alright? Wondering if you could shed some light on that for me.
    I'm wondering why you think you couldn't recover because you ate ice cream? it's dairy, fat, and sugar.....that's it.

With backloading, it's all about manipulating hormones to your advantage. Insulin, Growth hormone, testosterone, etc. By backloading in a specific window AFTER intense weight training you take advantage of the bodies natural use of these hormones and use them to help you, not hinder you. By utilizing this method you use the insulin response to shuttle the glycogen directly into the muscle instead of fat. This causes and increase in muscle mass which directly effects other hormones in the system. It basically starts a positive hormonal cascade that does nothing but good things. After a good healthy backload you'll even sleep better. Once you get used to it, you can actually feel the muscles being pumped full of sugars. It has it's own "feel" which you'll come to notice. (and love)

One of my favorite feelings is crushing a good workout and then slamming down a few backloads that night. My body buzzes with energy and I can feel myself getting filled up. You go to bed with a huge, bloated carb stomach and wake up being shredded with bulging muscles that have a slight pump, as if you just worked out. Great feeling.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-06-2020 at 02:03 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"