Nice!!!
    I think that'll be my evening workout.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    How is my form? Any pointers? I usually alternate between various grips and knee driving or momentum driving the tire up, the grass was too wet and my tire grip and footing wern't optimal. My first few flips were a mess untill I bucketed the ice and water out.
    disclaimer I only rarely do tire flips so I am in no way an expert.
    That being said I would suggest you get in closer to the tire. Think of it like a deadlift your feet look to be almost three or four feet back almost like a 3 point stance for football, if you stay in closer you'll be able to initiate the lift with your hips and legs less arm till you get to the top. Use hips and legs to start the lift, arms AFTER youve accelerated it as fast as possible. You'll feel less pain in your shoulder blades, biceps that way.

Again though man good job getting it in! Dead of winter and you go out in your yard to flip a tire.. love it!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started flipping with the deadlift technique but the moved towards the 3 point stance because I read somwhere that to move bigger tires you need to drive them over and deadlifting will only get you so far. I also read that Bi tears are common with pulling.
    After a few hundred flips driving them got to be easier than pulling them on my torso, arms and hands and became more of a legs movement.

I have never flipped with anyone that was knowledgable and got most of my information from youtube. I did flip once (1 flip) at a crossfit gym and the guy there was shocked I did their big tire with the drive technique.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good points. I only view tire flips as a accessory for deadlifting so to be honest I only every tried the 3 point stance for like 10 flips total. Again strong man event highland games not really my thing. Fun as hell to watch and those are definitely some strong dudes but I stick to basic bodybuilding lifting techniques, and powerlifting training. I did add in kettlebell training and have thought about going to an RKC for cert. but I don't train others so it would be one of those gee wiz kinda deals. In the end if thats comfortable for you, if your not injured, and you continue to get stronger then I'd say your good to go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    I only every tried the 3 point stance for like 10 flips total. Again strong man event highland games not really my thing.
    I did not like it till i really got the feel for the foot placement and the lock up across the chest. The form is kind of wasted on that tire since it is light in comparrison to what I should be flipping. With your strength vs that tire you could probabaly do 1 handed deads all day.

This morning I weighed in at 205.6, I'm not sure if it's the added cardio or the lower cals but my strength is down a little more than I am comfortable with. I am going to bring the cals up slightly. I am happy with a pound or 2 a week of weight loss max.

The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are those abs I am seeing?

bro, if I were you, I would not worry about losing a bit of strength for now. I mean, yeah losing A LOT would scare me as well, but for now, lean out. Reach the level where you are almost without any bodyfat, and then, build from there.

Something I learned recently, ''do not be afraid to let go''. Try to spread out your meals more, aim for 6 times a day if possible, shake can be a replacement for 2 of those meals imo. That would help your metabolism. I really really wanna see those abs bro! Like I said, your foundation is set, the core! Even those legs man. Awesome! Just lean out now!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your goal is to get to a lean 185 is not worry about the strength and lean out and hold into as much size as you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    word. Its probably tied into your cals falling off (strength I mean) but I'd venture a guess that you havent "lost" the strength just yet (ie lost muscle) Probably just running low on fuel.
    How much of a weight drop are you seeing from week to week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    word. Its probably tied into your cals falling off (strength I mean) but I'd venture a guess that you havent "lost" the strength just yet (ie lost muscle) Probably just running low on fuel.
    How much of a weight drop are you seeing from week to week?
    Since last week I am down 5lbs. I'd like to maintain 1 to 2 lbs a week after I find my equilibrium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Are those abs I am seeing?
    Thats was an optical illusion caused by an unkonwn atmospheric disturbancne, a weather baloon and swamp gas.