Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 5a-DHP

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Cool. If you find it too relaxing, take it with caffeine or preworkout etc. that is what a lot of us have switched too. They works in synergy since they both increase 5AR, DHT, progesterone etc. but caffeine raises dopamine and 5a-dhp raises GABA so a nice balance. Do you live in a cold area? It's tocopherols and MCT oil, so once it gets to room temp the drops should come out easy. I had the same issue when I first got mine as it was sitting in the cold mailbox.

I did find it to be really relaxing the first night I took it. Almost to the point where I felt a little "drugged". I also got pretty dam good sleep the first night. I had vivid dreams and felt as if I cycled through the stages of sleep better than I usually do. Actually one of the main issues with sleeping disorders is that people don't cycle through the stages of sleep properly. It's reasonable to assume  neurosteriods in the brain play a role with this.

Last night when I took it again at the same dose I felt relaxed but this time with out the overwhelming "drugged" feeling which I I'd rather not get. But for whatever reason i also slept terrible last night. Over all though I have still noticed an all around better mood and mindset over the last two days. 

I am deff not done with this stuff yet and I'm going to wait until I have tried it for a solid two weeks before I comment on how it effects sexual sides or training. I'm also going to start dropping the 5 drops in a spoon big enough to hold it before swallowing it. This way I don't need to worry about it getting stuck on the side of the cup that I'm drinking it out of.

I will also play around with the dose and try it transdermally but for now I'm sticking with 5mg oral per day so I can get a solid idea on how taking it like this effects me.

Thanks for pointing out the connection with caffeine. I'm going to try taking it with caffeine as well in a few days. Im not in a terribly cold climate nor was my package left in a mail box or anything like that. It was handed right to me. If I continue to be concerned about the exact amount that I am getting in each drop I could always drop it into something that allows me to measure it before taking it.

I am really looking forward to the potential that taking this stuff for let's say at least a month straight has to offer.

How long do you plan on running this for?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 alpha victim View Post
    I did find it to be really relaxing the first night I took it. Almost to the point where I felt a little "drugged". I also got pretty dam good sleep the first night. I had vivid dreams and felt as if I cycled through the stages of sleep better than I usually do. Actually one of the main issues with sleeping disorders is that people don't cycle through the stages of sleep properly. It's reasonable to assume  neurosteriods in the brain play a role with this.

Last night when I took it again at the same dose I felt relaxed but this time with out the overwhelming "drugged" feeling which I I'd rather not get. But for whatever reason i also slept terrible last night. Over all though I have still noticed an all around better mood and mindset over the last two days. 

I am deff not done with this stuff yet and I'm going to wait until I have tried it for a solid two weeks before I comment on how it effects sexual sides or training. I'm also going to start dropping the 5 drops in a spoon big enough to hold it before swallowing it. This way I don't need to worry about it getting stuck on the side of the cup that I'm drinking it out of.

I will also play around with the dose and try it transdermally but for now I'm sticking with 5mg oral per day so I can get a solid idea on how taking it like this effects me.

Thanks for pointing out the connection with caffeine. I'm going to try taking it with caffeine as well in a few days. Im not in a terribly cold climate nor was my package left in a mail box or anything like that. It was handed right to me. If I continue to be concerned about the exact amount that I am getting in each drop I could always drop it into something that allows me to measure it before taking it.

I am really looking forward to the potential that taking this stuff for let's say at least a month straight has to offer.

How long do you plan on running this for?
    I still use it now (I also take preg), although I think my tolerance has developed slightly compared to the first couple times when I originally used it, but that could be my natural levels of allopreg could be restoring since it increases production of endogenous hormones and neurosteroids.

That is why, I don't get why 1-2 people mentioned they "crashed" from it when it literally does nothing to LH, endogenous hormones etc. it actually does the opposite (increases it). I do think it can tank your estrogen and cortisol levels if you use too much, but that bounces back within a couple days. If that is the case with the "crash" then just try it again at a lower dose once estrogen bounces back.

About the sleep thing, yeah don't take it like before bed, I wouldn't take it past like dinner time. Almost all of us had the same issue with that, but if taken earlier in the day it has no impact on falling asleep. I think it's from the U-shaped allopreg curve, too much allopreg can actually be stimulating.

If you seem benefits from it, I would just continue taking it, it up regulates natural synthesis of all the natural hormones in the body so you will assisting your body in homeostasis if anything. I get up to 50mg of 5a-DHP at one point, play around with the dose too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschi11 View Post
    Never mind Tubzy, I found some stuff on it on Ray Peat. No need to provide links or anything.

But yea- I don't know. For someone only a couple months into Fin syndrome and for someone who only used it a very short time, I feel like its worth it to try the protodioscin run.

I really like the idea going high dose then dropping it and then taking a couple weeks off. Reminds me of how I used to use hydrocortisone when I had adrenal fatigue. This use of hydrocortisone in this fashion brought back my body's manufacturing of cortisol. I figure why not give it a shot for 5ar2 and/or the AR.

Being on TRT beforehand and afterward, I know that something major changed in my body. The androgen (t cream and cyp as I tried both) just has say 1/10th the effect it used to have on my body. Going lower dose (now on HCG mono) I am feeling a bit better, but the body SHOULD love testosterone. If it doesn't, something is missing.
    Using exogenous hormones is going to be tricky man, a lot of variables. I experimented that route early on and it didn't work out that well. I think it would be easier just going the natural route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still use it now (I also take preg), although I think my tolerance has developed slightly compared to the first couple times when I originally used it, but that could be my natural levels of allopreg could be restoring since it increases production of endogenous hormones and neurosteroids.

That is why, I don't get why 1-2 people mentioned they "crashed" from it when it literally does nothing to LH, endogenous hormones etc. it actually does the opposite (increases it). I do think it can tank your estrogen and cortisol levels if you use too much, but that bounces back within a couple days. If that is the case with the "crash" then just try it again at a lower dose once estrogen bounces back.

About the sleep thing, yeah don't take it like before bed, I wouldn't take it past like dinner time. Almost all of us had the same issue with that, but if taken earlier in the day it has no impact on falling asleep. I think it's from the U-shaped allopreg curve, too much allopreg can actually be stimulating.

If you seem benefits from it, I would just continue taking it, it up regulates natural synthesis of all the natural hormones in the body so you will assisting your body in homeostasis if anything. I get up to 50mg of 5a-DHP at one point, play around with the dose too.

I was thinking the same thing that any crash type of feeling that anyone would get from this would probable be from inhibiting estrogen. I seen all the info over their at the Ray Peat Forum about its ability to inhibit estrogen and it makes me a little nervous because I am one of the handful of PFS guys that ended up a lot worse after taking Armidex . Based on the studies it does not sound like you can compare the strength of Armidex to 5a DHP as far as how much it can reduce estrogen so I think I am only taking a small risk. The vitamin E that is put in the bottle does not help me in that department but I figure I will just need to be that much more careful by not taking an additional vitamin E suppletment and by not going over 5MG of the DHP.

I took your advice by taking it at 1pm today to see how that works out with my quality of sleep tonight. Its interesting that you felt the fast tolerance build up with this as well. Day two and day three I no longer feel the drugged out feeling but I still feel different mentally in a good way. It's feeling like a pretty good natural calm feeling. I am also noticing that I am faster on my feet while talking to people, I am not struggling as much while reading through all these complicated studies and I'm just in a better mood all with out the feeling that I even took anything. I'm noticing other positive benefits as well but I will wait a little while before saying for sure so I'm not wasting space on this thread talking about every up and down.

I think your right about how it makes sense that if this is restoring what was out of place that we would kinda of level out and just feel normal seeing that that's how it felt before this whole thing. It's not like before this we just naturally felt like we took a Xanax. I also wonder if after we start taking this our body just converts what it needs to Alleopreg rather than all of it. That could explain what we are  describing as a fast tolerance build up as well.

I am really pumped about this stuff seeing that I have not noticed one negative side effect. Even with the super R andro my blood pressure would go up.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Atticas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey TubZy!

Just wanted to update you real quick since I couldn't inbox you.

I've been taking the 5a-DHP, DHEA and Preg for a couple days now.

Haven't seen too much of a change yet... but I do kinda feel like I've had a bit more energy, been yawning less, I saw my balls and dick hang LOW again finally, and been sleeping great... so I wanna definitely thank you for that!!! I'm not sure whether to attribute this all to the supplements or the fact that I've also taken a 2 week break for lifting and been on no fap for a while now, but either way, it's been cool!

Still haven't seen any improvement in skin yet... I looked into the Solban you recommended. You think it's really worth trying out? I'm gonna finally read more into it tonight and the studies since I have time.

Btw, since I haven't noticed too much difference yet with the 5a-DHP, do you recommend I up the dosage a bit till I recognize a difference in how I feel? I know this isn't going to be an overnight cure or anything, but just wanted to know your advice on it. The first time I took it I took like 20 mg and felt INSANE energy. The next day I tried the same and felt like nothing really happened x''D Been doing mostly 5mg now on a consistent basis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 5adhp is the best stand alone thing that I have ever tried to relieve this. I say this from taking it as a stand alone. I was at a higher level than this at one time during my first Super R andro run but that was after an extended period of time of having everything on point. For me super R andro does next to nothing unless I take it after being perfect with the rest of the protocol. More recently I have to admit that I fell of the wagon a little with some of this stuff but even with that said I got pretty dam good results from this. I noticed:

1) better erections. Higher labido
    2) positive mood. Enjoy being around people more.
    3) more energy
    4) better work outs. Can hit the gym for longer and harder
    5) all around better sleep. I hit the deep levels of sleep that I haven't hit in years. I wake up just as often and sometimes out of crazy vivid dreams but it's still all around better sleep.

I have been taking 5mg orally for about eight days now. As long as no one comes down with any side effects from this stuff I think it will become a common thing people take to treat this. Now that I'm back on point with the diet and herb cycling and have added about ten additional herbs to my rotation I cannot wait to see what level I can bring this to.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Atticas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 5adhp is the best stand alone thing that I have ever tried to relieve this. I say this from taking it as a stand alone. I was at a higher level than this at one time during my first Super R andro run but that was after an extended period of time of having everything on point. For me super R andro does next to nothing unless I take it after being perfect with the rest of the protocol. More recently I have to admit that I fell of the wagon a little with some of this stuff but even with that said I got pretty dam good results from this. I noticed:

3) more energy
    5) all around better sleep. I hit the deep levels of sleep that I haven't hit in years. I wake up just as often and sometimes out of crazy vivid dreams but it's still all around better sleep.

I have been taking 5mg orally for about eight days now. As long as no one comes down with any side effects from this stuff I think it will become a common thing people take to treat this. Now that I'm back on point with the diet and herb cycling and have added about ten additional herbs to my rotation I cannot wait to see what level I can bring this to.
    DAMN! I want these results! lol

I feel like the 5 mg isn't doing much for me...

The only day I really noticed results was when I took like 20mg in the morning once before the gym. I felt INSANE with energy.

Just got back from vacation... gonna order two more bottles of the stuff I think today. Maybe I'll dose it at 20-30mg for the rest of the month...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3) more energy

Cool man, not sure if you saw but haidut just released another product that could be very benefical for PFS.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...for-r-d.15620/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5a-DHP

Quote Originally Posted by Atticas View Post
    DAMN! I want these results! lol

I feel like the 5 mg isn't doing much for me...

The only day I really noticed results was when I took like 20mg in the morning once before the gym. I felt INSANE with energy.

Just got back from vacation... gonna order two more bottles of the stuff I think today. Maybe I'll dose it at 20-30mg for the rest of the month...
    I can see how you would feel insanely good after taking 20-30mg of this stuff. Little to much of a drugged feeling for me though. I like the natural energy feeling. I can also see how taking that much could backfire or at least no longer give you that insanely good feeling. We'd probably just build a tolerance like anything else.

Have you tried 5mg orally for like a solid week straight? I could be wrong and this is just a hunch but I am thinking 5adhp holds the most value to us if we use it in a way that replenishes low Alleopreg levels. Overdoing Alleopreg levels prob does nothing for us beyond a certain point. Maybe super dosing it could speed things up with getting our natural levels back going though. Who knows for sure

Im also noticing that the feeling I get from this blends really nicely with herbs. I took mucuna two days ago and they felt really good together. Will be interesting to see how it continues to interact with other herbs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5a-DHP

Cool man, not sure if you saw but haidut just released another product that could be very benefical for PFS.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...for-r-d.15620/
    Thanks man

I read up on it a little and it sounds like it's a good way to increase T. Last time I checked mine I was in the mid 600's and that was from blood drawn while i was sick, on five hours sleep the night prior and while i was taking a little break from all herbs and T boosters. After my recent push to get back on point with diet and adding several more herbs into my rotation I'm planning on moving that number up to the 800's by the summer time. So right now I'll just watch and wait on this.

I'm tempted to throw Androsterone in the mix at low dose just for three days to see what it does right now but I don't want to get greedy and end up going backwards either.

Just curious..have you tried Androsterone while on this?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk