Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Glycine/Gelatin does a shit ton more than boost allopreg

Gelatin, stress, longevity
    Nice. I'm gonna read through that tm.

Amazon.com : Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate Beef, Kosher, 16 oz. : Cooking And Baking Gelatin Mixes : Grocery Gourmet Food

This is the stuff you dose right? I love it...maybe I'm weird, but the taste is honestly so good I will usually scoop the powder straight in my mouth as a snack lol
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 12-19-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Nice. I'm gonna read through that tm.

Amazon.com : Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate Beef, Kosher, 16 oz. : Cooking And Baking Gelatin Mixes : Grocery Gourmet Food

This is the stuff you dose right? I love it...maybe I'm weird, but the taste is honestly so good I will usually scoop the powder straight in my mouth as a snack lol
    Yep lol. Nope you aren't- I love the texture/taste too haha. If you take enough for a while you'll notice smoother skin. I usually do a tablespoon or two with each meal along with my meats like eggs, beef and chicken to get a nice balance.

I used to take straight glycine, but gelatin/collagen has much more benefits plus the glycine of course.
    Do you feel slightly relaxed after taking it? I put a tablespoon or so in hot water and drink it with meals. Hot water makes it hit quicker (learned it from CDnuts haha). Anything more than 2 tablespoons with a meal I could fall asleep and pass out haha - GABA agonism is real.
    Last edited by TubZy; 12-19-2016 at 11:03 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep lol. Nope you aren't- I love the texture/taste too haha. If you take enough for a while you'll notice smoother skin. I usually do a tablespoon or two with each meal along with my meats like eggs, beef and chicken to get a nice balance.

I used to take straight glycine, but gelatin/collagen has much more benefits plus the glycine of course.

Do you feel slightly relaxed after taking it? I put a tablespoon or so in hot water and drink it with meals.
    So you take this instead of the glycine now, not in addition too?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    So you take this instead of the glycine now, not in addition too?
    I have always taken glycine since I mentioned it that other thread we talked about it in a while ago. I switched to gelatin/collagen from glycine a while ago b/c it's better since it contains a high amount of glycine plus other aminos like lysine, proline etc. all good for gut health and skin, joints. I just take it with meals to help balance the aminos from muscle meats along with other benefits (mentioned in the link I posted above why is why I switched form glycine to collagen/gelatin).

I still notice the same effect as I did from just taking isolated glycine.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glycine/Gelatin does a shit ton more than boost allopreg

Gelatin, stress, longevity
    I found it interesting that glycine opposes estrogen. I had no knowledge of this interaction until reading this article. Definitely a great weapon to add to the arsenal. Anytime you can take something that is considered a food AND supplement, imo this is one of the best ways to go about including something like this into your regimen.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have always taken glycine since I mentioned it that other thread we talked about it in a while ago. I switched to gelatin/collagen from glycine a while ago b/c it's better since it contains a high amount of glycine plus other aminos like lysine, proline etc. all good for gut health and skin, joints. I just take it with meals to help balance the aminos from muscle meats along with other benefits (mentioned in the link I posted above why is why I switched form glycine to collagen/gelatin).

I still notice the same effect as I did from just taking isolated glycine.
    Always best to take something that has numerous actions in the system as opposed to just one. Killing two birds with one stone so to speak.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found it interesting that glycine opposes estrogen. I had no knowledge of this interaction until reading this article. Definitely a great weapon to add to the arsenal. Anytime you can take something that is considered a food AND supplement, imo this is one of the best ways to go about including something like this into your regimen.
    Exactly. Just like pine pollen as a natural food or just taking an isolated compound from pine pollen without the cofactors. Always better to take the whole food version (glycine vs gelatin). Not saying isolated compounds are always bad though. You want to let your body naturally regulate the enzyme process which is always better.
    Last edited by TubZy; 12-19-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Just like pine pollen as a natural food or just taking an isolated compound from pine pollen without the cofactors. Always better to take the whole food version (glycine vs gelatin). Not saying isolated compounds are always bad though. You want to let your body naturally regulate the enzyme process which is always better.
    100%

That being said, some people have issues where these systems aren't regulating correctly (PFS). In these conditions isolated compounds can be great. But as the body heals, the isolated compounds should give way to include a more holistic approach to supplementation. For the most part getting the whole thing in is what we all should shoot for. This is a great example of why application of the correct diet can be so powerful.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Atticas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything new to report on this?
    Took 5mg this morning.

No real difference today, although I am noticing there seems to be less brain fog and a maybe a little less yawning.

Part of the trick right now is to NOT think about yawning, cuz even typing that and thinking of it made me yawn lmao

But seriously, at its worst, I used to yawn for what felt like 10 times per HOUR for HOURSSSSS at work... so it's definitely good if it's becoming just a few per day now.

Glycine at night is still kicking my ass to sleep, which is awesome. Hopefully with the restored sleep, the wim hof method, the cold showers, the 5a-DHP, the drinking of more water and no fap... hopefully I'll be putting myself in a much better category of recovery now.