Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    ^ :/

i plan on trying winstrol here for just a few weeks.

2 or 3 max.

hopefully using anavar and boldenone after will help repair, and i plan to give peptides a really good shot in PCT.
    There should be no peptides in PCT. No proviron either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Tendons can grow thicker with stimulus. One of my main issues with winstrol usage is that while tendon thickening will occur, the way the extra tissue is "folded" as it is created does not make for a stronger tendon, but a more brittle one.
    Can you give me some direction, links- I would like to know bit more about this....

BTW, proper whips were made from animal tendons, I think horses commonly- they were quite an weapon...

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Can you give me some direction, links- I would like to know bit more about this....

BTW, proper whips were made from animal tendons, I think horses commonly- they were quite an weapon...
    Here's one regarding Winstrol...

J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1992 Mar;74(3):411-22.
    Miles JW, Grana WA, Egle D, Min KW, Chitwood J.

Source

University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City.

Abstract
    Twenty-four male rats were divided into four groups, with anabolic steroids and exercise as variables. Biomechanical tests and histological evaluations were performed. The results of the biomechanical tests suggested that anabolic steroids produce a stiffer tendon, which fails with less elongation. The energy at the time when the tendon failed, the toe-limit elongation, and the elongation at the time of the first failure were all affected significantly. Changes in the force at failure were not statistically significant. No alterations of structure were noted when the specimens were viewed with light microscopy. Alterations of the sizes of the collagen fibrils were noted on electron microscopy.

PMID: 1548269 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Full article in .pdf here: http://jbjs.org/pdfaccess.ashx?Resou...6&PDFSource=17
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, its bit tricky this one- mouse tendons ?
    difference could not be seen with light microscopy, only with electron microscopy?

I know you are like bodybuilding central library, if you find something more, would like to see it...

Other thing is- thyroid hormones have an impact on tendons- when thyey are stiff it could be sign of deficiency... I think its T3, not sure tough...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, its bit tricky this one- mouse tendons ?
    difference could not be seen with light microscopy, only with electron microscopy?

I know you are like bodybuilding central library, if you find something more, would like to see it...

Other thing is- thyroid hormones have an impact on tendons- when thyey are stiff it could be sign of deficiency... I think its T3, not sure tough...
    On Mice: To be fair, you aren't going to see a lot of human studies on this, since it requires cutting open the subject and forcing a tendon until it snaps. Not a lot of guys lining up for those types of studies. lol.

I'll see what else I can dig up for you.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be no peptides in PCT. No proviron either.
    Proviron is obvious though I recovered very well with it.

Why no peptides?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Effect of androgenic-anabolic steroids and heavy strength training on patellar tendon morphological and mechanical properties.
    Seynnes OR, Kamandulis S, Kairaitis R, Helland C, Campbell EL, Brazaitis M, Skurvydas A, Narici MV.
    Source
    Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, Oslo, Norway. olivier.seynnes@nih.no
    Abstract
    Combined androgenic-anabolic steroids (AAS) and overloading affects tendon collagen metabolism and ultrastructure and is often associated with a higher risk of injury. The aim of this prospective study was to investigate whether such effects would be reflected in the patellar tendon properties of individuals with a history of long-term resistance training and AAS abuse (RTS group), compared with trained (RT) and untrained (CTRL) nonsteroids users. Tendon cross-sectional area (CSA), stiffness, Young's modulus, and toe limit strain were measured in vivo, from synchronized ultrasonography and dynamometry data. The patellar tendon of RT and RTS subjects was much stiffer and larger than in the CTRL group. However, stiffness and modulus were higher in the RTS group (26%, P < 0.05 and 30%, P < 0.01, respectively) than in the RT group. Conversely, tendon CSA was 15% (P < 0.05) larger in the RT group than in RTS, although differences disappeared when this variable was normalized to quadriceps maximal isometric torque. Yet maximal tendon stress was higher in RTS than in RT (15%, P < 0.05), without any statistical difference in maximal strain and toe limit strain between groups. The present lack of difference in toe limit strain does not substantiate the hypothesis of changes in collagen crimp pattern associated with AAS abuse. However, these findings indicate that tendon adaptations from years of heavy resistance training are different in AAS users, suggesting differences in collagen remodeling. Some of these adaptations (e.g., higher stress) could be linked to a higher risk of tendon injury.
    KEYWORDS:
    adaptation, bodybuilding, hypertrophy, tendon rupture, training

PMID: 23620489 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    MeSH Terms, Substances

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tendon injuries induced by exercise and anabolic steroids in experimental mice.
    Michna H.
    Abstract
    The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of anabolic steroid hormones and exercise training on skeletal tendons. Female mice were exercised for 1 and 10 weeks in an endurance running programme on a treadmill. The altered ultrastructure of tendons caused by simultaneously administered anabolic steroid hormone was investigated by electron microscopy. A stereoscopic analysis of collagen fibrils was performed in order to reveal the changes in the architecture of tendons and to quantify the extent of possible injuries to their functional structure. The occurrence of tendon injuries was detected by the appearance of a collagen dysplasia. The morphometric analysis of the degree of the collagen dysplasia in the different experimental groups reveals that it becomes even more conspicuous in the tendons of the mice which were both exercised and given anabolic steroids. The overall picture and the architecture of the tendons provide tentative evidence that anabolic steroid hormones may induce tendon injuries, depending on the duration of treatment. The direct effect of anabolic steroids on tendons has to be taken into account when considering the clinical disorders of tendons and ligaments which occur in high-class athletes.

PMID: 3610410 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez, you guys from the East!

I once participated in a whip-snapping contest in rural Poland with such a genuine whip. Not as easy as it sounds. And I definitely would not want to be on the receiving end.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on the achey joints, I ran out of Aegis Achilles and Cissus last week and I am noticing real deterioration everyday, notwithstanding that I have a little hyalauronic acid still on hand that I am trying to stretch out until my new supplies arrive. I need to keep better inventory of my stash; it's grown so big I can;t manage it all in my head any more. Another sign of aging? On the other hand, I've also been doing a little swimming a couple days a week. It provides some significant relief, but so kick my ass that after an hour in the pool I need to take a nap.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."