Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
I'll throw in one of my injury stories...

I was in the middle of a two year off-season while getting ready for a national qualifier. I needed the extra time to put on additional muscle and come in at the top of my weight class instead of near the bottom. It was during this period that I chose to use AAS for the first time.

I worked out in a hole-in-the wall gym owned by a former world champion powerlifter and his team of national and world level lifters. The equipment wasnt all that well kept up, but it was good enough for me. Or so I had thought...

One day I was adding 45s to the lat pull, bringing it up to about 340 or so. First couple of sets went fine. I really should have paid more attention to the frayed cable, though.

Midway through my next set, the cable snapped just as I got the bar to my chest. Since I was pulling back hard at that time, I just kept going backward. My abs engaged just in time to keep my head from hitting the floor behind me. When I stopped myself and "sat" back up, I felt something in my back had gone very wrong. It had.

For a couple of months, it hurt to stand, sit, or lay down in any position and became unbearable after about 5 minutes. No amount of pain killers or anti inflammatories would touch it.

It took many many months of homemade rehab to get me back to the gym in any real capacity, but I was eventually able to get the bulging discs in my back into place once again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeahhhh that could have went pretty bad!!!

I'm dealing with a bulging disc right now. It's horrible. Had it for years, (go navy!) had it put back into place once. Came back out due to my weak lower back. Stuff I never took serious until I started PL'n and Strongman. Which is why I had to start back at square one for deads and squats. It's nice my back is much stronger now, thankfully. But I still can't bend over too far on my right side, also can't lift my leg very high nor stretch too well because its basically feels like something internally is pushing right back against me on my lower back.

What else did you do to get it back into place? I think I should get it reset then keep working on my low back.

It's nearly traumatic when I work lower back to the point that it overloads the nerves down there and I nearly pass out trying to do back extensions, supermans, stiffleg deads. Etc.