User Tag List

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 5a-DHP

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Atticas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey you guys, my bad for being absent as of late.

Been talking to a girl (now girlfriend) and so my mind's been a bit off of this whole PFS deal which has probably been a blessing to be honest...

Now that she's around though, I'm definitely even more encouraged to fight off the syndrome this year.

CDN and TubZy, so now that we know about 5a-DHP and its effects, as well as pregnenolone and its effects, what would you guys think should be a regular everyday protocol for fighting this off alongside the herbs?

I know the normal things I wanna stick to are drinking water, taking D-3 supplementation (since I'm not getting enough sun with my job), meditation and cold showers. Everything else aside, those things all seem to help against what we're going through.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, specific questions to TubZy...

I've got some DHEA pills downstairs I've had for a whilllle, just haven't used in forever cuz I wasn't sure exactly what they did nor if they were actually helping. Would you recommend me taking these while I've got them with preg and 5a-DHP?

And I still gotta ask you as well, where would I find a good source of pregnenolone? I don't see it on the IdeaLabs page.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticas View Post
    Hey you guys, my bad for being absent as of late.

Been talking to a girl (now girlfriend) and so my mind's been a bit off of this whole PFS deal which has probably been a blessing to be honest...

Now that she's around though, I'm definitely even more encouraged to fight off the syndrome this year.

CDN and TubZy, so now that we know about 5a-DHP and its effects, as well as pregnenolone and its effects, what would you guys think should be a regular everyday protocol for fighting this off alongside the herbs?

I know the normal things I wanna stick to are drinking water, taking D-3 supplementation (since I'm not getting enough sun with my job), meditation and cold showers. Everything else aside, those things all seem to help against what we're going through.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, specific questions to TubZy...

I've got some DHEA pills downstairs I've had for a whilllle, just haven't used in forever cuz I wasn't sure exactly what they did nor if they were actually helping. Would you recommend me taking these while I've got them with preg and 5a-DHP?

And I still gotta ask you as well, where would I find a good source of pregnenolone? I don't see it on the IdeaLabs page.
    My answer is going to be the same as it's been for years. Nothings changed and the results speak for themselves. If you find 5a-DHP helpful, then keep taking it. The only thing you need is consistency and time, not to mention patience.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Atticas. Here is the link to Preg and also all of Ray Peat supplements. Hope you didn't mind Tubzy.

Pregnenolone
    Last edited by rmoore; 01-19-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmoore View Post
    Hey Atticas. Here is the link to Preg and also all of Ray Peat supplements. Hope you didn't mind Tubzy.

Pregnenolone
    Thanks I was just going to say the same thing.

@atticas in terms of DHEA you can try it if you want just don't use over 5mg per dose and don't exceed a total of 15mg a day. Any more than that will most likely be converted to estrogen. Start low, for me I have lowish cortisol so taking too much DHEA makes me feel worse because my cortisol tanks since DHEA has strong cortisol antagonism. For preg, I use big doses so basically anything over 100mg. I even went up to 500mg in one dose and no ill effects. Any supplement you take with preg will amplify the androgenic effects especially DHEA, thyroid (t3), androsterone (R-andro) etc.

Ideal labs has a preg+dhea supplement called pansterone. You need to go to research chem page not the supplement page of ideal labs. It's under the same list as 5a-DHP. I don't use it b/c the preg dose is really low and I like high doses of preg better so I prefer the raw powder.
    Last edited by TubZy; 01-19-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I have been talking with Haidut about possibly getting 5AR powder, but it looks like no new update except he is the process of coming out with some new other stuff.

Here was his response, seems pretty interesting and will most likely be trying.

"I am working on a progesterone-based steroid but the vendor just told me they are out of stock so they have to synthesize it from scratch. If it works as planned it should be a direct precursor to testosterone - i.e. only one step away from T. And since it does not convert into estrogen AND also inhibits aromatase, that would be one hell of a supplement. Much better than 20a-DHP. Also working on a few very unique supplements that act as dopamine agonists, inhibit HDAC (anti-cancer) and lower cortisol by inhibiting 11b-HSD1. So, if everything pans out as planned I should have 2-3 new supplements within a few weeks.

Can't disclose before it is launched, sorry. Let's just say it is similar to medroxyprogesterone but much better and without side effects. And unlike medroxyprogesterone, this one should convert into actual testosterone. The vendors are all American, I do everything possible to avoid depending on a foreign supplier. "
    Last edited by TubZy; 01-19-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TubZy, one more thing i wanted to ask you, just because I never have...

Are you one of the recover-ers on this page, or are you just really close to recovering?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    My answer is going to be the same as it's been for years. Nothings changed and the results speak for themselves. If you find 5a-DHP helpful, then keep taking it. The only thing you need is consistency and time, not to mention patience.
    Thank you for answering.

Yea, the only reason I ask is because I thought I had read someone saying to watch out for what herbs you're taking while on 5a-DHP due to either lowering cortisol too much or something... idk.

Alright, well I'm gonna start up on 5mg DHEA/5 drops of 5a-DHP/and 100 mg pregnenolone every morning. Thanks for the link you guys. Gonna buy that tonight. Will also keep cycling the herbs.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the DHEA we're talking about here the one you can get over the counter at any supplement/nutrition store? If it is, would it be as effective as the DHEA derivatives in these DHT pro hormones in helping to convert to DHT? Also, what's the deal with preg? Why would we want to take it?

Thank you for answering.

Yea, the only reason I ask is because I thought I had read someone saying to watch out for what herbs you're taking while on 5a-DHP due to either lowering cortisol too much or something... idk.

Alright, well I'm gonna start up on 5mg DHEA/5 drops of 5a-DHP/and 100 mg pregnenolone every morning. Thanks for the link you guys. Gonna buy that tonight. Will also keep cycling the herbs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TubZy, one more thing i wanted to ask you, just because I never have...

Are you one of the recover-ers on this page, or are you just really close to recovering?
    I would say like 85% recovered. My cortisol levels fully haven't returned to normal yet (lowish side) so they fluctuate a lot day to day depending on stress etc. which can present some symptoms. My stress tolerance and also being able to go longer without eating isn't fully recovered yet though which has a lot to do with proper cortisol response. It is because of my thyroid though -once it's fully back in order my cortisol levels should balance back out. My TSH was elevated (around 3.2) last test I'm trying to get it under 1 which is ideal hence why I decided to add T3 in the mix for a bit a noticed a significant improvement which made me confirm it's definitely the thyroid.

Other than that I feel really good sexually and 5a-DHP helped a lot mentally. Pregnenolone and 5a-DHP both raise metabolism so they help with thyroid (and lowering TSH) indirectly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzbee View Post
    Is the DHEA we're talking about here the one you can get over the counter at any supplement/nutrition store? If it is, would it be as effective as the DHEA derivatives in these DHT pro hormones in helping to convert to DHT? Also, what's the deal with preg? Why would we want to take it?
    Yeah, but the DHEA is sold in like monster doses (25mg+) which will most likely convert to estrogen causing more issues. Like I said earlier, if you want to try it out, start with preg only first. You are still going to get DHEA from the downstream conversion of supplementing preg. Adding small amounts of DHEA (5mg) w/ the preg will help guide the conversion more androgenic like DHT.

Preg good for everything pretty much. Will backfill any hormones missing (allopreg, progesterone, DHEA etc.) and also increases thyroid and metabolism. The one thing though is make sure your cholesterol is normal or normal-high b/c that is what both preg and thyroid use as fuel (along with glucose/sugar). So if you have low cholesterol and take thyroid or preg you are most likely going to feel worse b/c your body has no fuel (cholesterol) to make hormones from. Preg and thyroid will lower cholesterol hence why people with so called "high" cholesterol really just have a metabolism issues most likely hypothyroidism.

R-andro (androsterone) was actually used decades back as a cholesterol drug before statins took over due to it's ability to act like thyroid hormone in the body. And of course androsterone is a precursor to DHT.
    Last edited by TubZy; 01-21-2017 at 01:26 AM.