Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hypothyroid and a few more issues....

Hello -

I am a long-time lurker, first time poster on this site also registered at Hackstasis as my account here was taking a while to be approved, then I realized I should look in my junk box and of course that is where it was at. Long-story short, I have followed CD's PFS protocol very strictly over the last year and made tremendous gains, so much so that I would've considered myself cured in late October, early November. It was at this time that I also received a round of corticosteroids from an eye doctor, because my eyes were quite bloodshot. From that point forward I seemed to regress quite precipitously. I started noticing that my body was putting on a ton of water weight, 10-15lbs and I became quite gassy. Also, it was like I lost control of my bowels, meaning that it feels like something is leaking from my butt. It isn't shit, but liquid like, feels like something is dripping and I notice it more in the afternoon and evening. I also have a knot of some sort on the lower right side of my stomach (my left, but it you were looking at me it would be right). What scares me the most is my poop is runny all the time and my body temperature is low, even for PFS. Over the summer I was measuring my body temperature in the mornings and I'd be in the high 96's but now, when I wake up I am in the low 95s (borderline hypothermia). I am not sure if it is thyroid related or what, but figured I'd post and see if anyone has had similar experience. I am starting back on the herbs and clean eating, completed a 5 day juice feast even though I didn't drop a ton of water weight this time. Also hitting the gym again, but my muscles are so fatigued it is hard at times. Side note, I jumped on the iodine that CD recommended and my body temperature jumped to 97 this morning. I have listed the herbs that I take below.

Every Day
    Pine Pollen
    Tongkat Ali
    Shilajit
    Schisandra
    Goji
    Probiotic (pill)
    10000 Vitamin C (gel cap)
    Magnesium Calcium (pill)
    Ashawaganda (pill)
    Niacinamide (pill)
    Cod Oil (gel cap)
    Selenium (pill)

7 day rotation
    cordyceps
    eleuthero
    he shou wu
    maca
    maral
    mucuna

Another symptom that I seem to have is hemorrhoids. Has anyone else noticed this?

Finally, gbolduev mentioned something about steroids and alkalosis, so I am going to look more into that. Also, got sick for the first time in a long time a couple of weeks ago, hope that means I am getting close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I had someone over at HackStasis mention that this isn’t exactly CD’s protocol and I think that’s technically correct. I think the herb variation was changed in August or September of last year when I read that 27andscared seemed to be having great success with taking some boosters every day. Do you think this is ok?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was tempted to take corticosteroids for carpal tunnel issues. I chose to stay away after reading the potential side effects, which include hormonal imbalance. Much of the evidence shows that hormonal disrupters affect more people than what is currently known. So as a general rule it's best for any person to stay away.

Make sure you stay away from bread and heavy meals, especially fast food, so that you recover from hemorrhoids.
    Also eat more green vegetables, I think they help with doing number 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    I was tempted to take corticosteroids for carpal tunnel issues. I chose to stay away after reading the potential side effects, which include hormonal imbalance. Much of the evidence shows that hormonal disrupters affect more people than what is currently known. So as a general rule it's best for any person to stay away.

Make sure you stay away from bread and heavy meals, especially fast food, so that you recover from hemorrhoids.
    Also eat more green vegetables, I think they help with doing number 2.
    Yeah, looking back on it I think I got too cocky and thought I was fully recovered. I think the steroids drove down my testosterone, as I put on a good 8-10 lbs in the morning, weighing 212 now and by the end of the day my water weight is 220. I am looking to supplement with potassium and try to work out the new imbalance I have.

Thanks for the advice on the hemorrhoids!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took sitz baths with epsom salts to get rid of a fissure, it healed quickly. Also took psyllium and rubbed a bit of coconut oil on it.

If it worked for a fissure, it'll work for hemorrhoids.
    Last edited by basementdweller; 02-03-2018 at 10:58 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got an ulcer under the bottom of my mouth under my tongue right after I used RU58841. I was megadosing rhodiola like 10ml of a tincture of it so I think it was related to the alcohol but weird how I still have it.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    i got an ulcer under the bottom of my mouth under my tongue right after I used RU58841. I was megadosing rhodiola like 10ml of a tincture of it so I think it was related to the alcohol but weird how I still have it.
    I had something similar happen when I was taking the most recent pine pollen tincture. I’m not a fan of the new consistency.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Mitchell08 View Post
    I had something similar happen when I was taking the most recent pine pollen tincture. I’m not a fan of the new consistency.
    yeah I like the version previous of pp tincture. It has more of that cloudy look. Tasted better to me as well. Still good though.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    yeah I like the version previous of pp tincture. It has more of that cloudy look. Tasted better to me as well. Still good though.
    That sucks, I just ordered some more after a long hiatus. Are the effects still the same?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    That sucks, I just ordered some more after a long hiatus. Are the effects still the same?
    I never really noticed anything to crazy from pine pollen tincture. The morning wood thing when I started using it though yeah. Now I get like morning wood like 50% of the time I think.