User Tag List

Thread: 5a-DHP

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5a-DHP

Anyone tried 5a-DHP as a supplement to stack on top of the protocol? My only real issue at the moment is some minor brain fog which becomes more pronounced every so often.

Since 5a-DHP is the precursor to allopreganolone and the metabolite of progesterone via 5-alpha reductase, it seems that it would be able to boost allopregnanolone levels quicker.

Let me know what you guys think.

MY

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Anyone tried 5a-DHP as a supplement to stack on top of the protocol? My only real issue at the moment is some minor brain fog which becomes more pronounced every so often.

Since 5a-DHP is the precursor to allopreganolone and the metabolite of progesterone via 5-alpha reductase, it seems that it would be able to boost allopregnanolone levels quicker.

Let me know what you guys think.

MY
    It's legit stuff. But you're only raising serum levels of DHP and Allo. Some makes it into the brain but not all of it because of the blood brain barrier. The brain itself has P450 enzymes that create its own sex steroid environment separate from the body and that's what gets shut off from 5 alpha reductase inhibitors. Progesterone itself in the brain also consistently gets shuts off, rendering the oral DHP mostly useless for the brain because the half life is so short and there's insufficient progesterone to make it naturally in the brain. However, it's still good for stimulating it in the blood serum because it can be low there too, unless your serum progesterone is also low. Give it a try and see what happens. Worst it does is nothing.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    It's legit stuff. But you're only raising serum levels of DHP and Allo. Some makes it into the brain but not all of it because of the blood brain barrier. The brain itself has P450 enzymes that create its own sex steroid environment separate from the body and that's what gets shut off from 5 alpha reductase inhibitors. Progesterone itself in the brain also consistently gets shuts off, rendering the oral DHP mostly useless for the brain because the half life is so short and there's insufficient progesterone to make it naturally in the brain. However, it's still good for stimulating it in the blood serum because it can be low there too, unless your serum progesterone is also low. Give it a try and see what happens. Worst it does is nothing.
    But surely a stack of 5a-HTP, glycine, and another 5ar boosted should be enough, alongside pregnenolone or progesterone to boost allopregnanolone to sufficient amounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Based on this, it looks like you guys had some decent results. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5a-DHP

But surely a stack of 5a-HTP, glycine, and another 5ar boosted should be enough, alongside pregnenolone or progesterone to boost allopregnanolone to sufficient amounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on this, it looks like you guys had some decent results. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    Like Joe said, it isn’t going to work wonders. If your experience is anything like mine was back in 2016, it will give you a lot of those allo related feelings. I remember being euphoric and just feeling excellent mentally. However, I’ll warn you, it does die off quick with repeated use. I’d save it for situations you need that social boost during recovery, but that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Like Joe said, it isn’t going to work wonders. If your experience is anything like mine was back in 2016, it will give you a lot of those allo related feelings. I remember being euphoric and just feeling excellent mentally. However, I’ll warn you, it does die off quick with repeated use. I’d save it for situations you need that social boost during recovery, but that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100%. It was almost like taking Xanax and then it eventually stopped working, which I too had. Only explanation I can think of was that the GABA receptors got down or up regulated as a result. I would completely agree with using it on occasion rather than regularly to avoid that issue and not build a tolerance. After all, it's your natural Xanax (GABAA agonist) and they have major warning labels on regular usage leading to seizures and death from withdrawal. It should probably treated the same for safety.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

That would be an idea. Like Maxout was saying though, probably best to use the DHP on occasion while focusing on raising natural DHP and Allo. You don't want benzo equivalent withdrawal or just flat out tolerance from super-physiological levels of Allopregnanolone. Also, if you want to upregulate 5ar type 1 activity, check into Sorghum.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with Maxout and Joe on this one. Not going to work wonders, but it's certainly another tool to add to the toolbox.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"