User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Whole eggs indeed. Started eating 4 whole eggs a day, divided over 2 meals, since yesterday. Gonna put this to the test, but i'm pretty sure it's going to be a staple for life. So far I have stopped using all protein powders except Peptopro since reading John Meadows Q&A.
    Pfft, 4 whole eggs should be part of breakfast along with some animal flesh and fruit.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whole eggs indeed. Started eating 4 whole eggs a day, divided over 2 meals, since yesterday. Gonna put this to the test, but i'm pretty sure it's going to be a staple for life. So far I have stopped using all protein powders except Peptopro since reading John Meadows Q&A.
    wtf, two meals? i ate 8 eggs for breakfast with a banana!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Pfft, 4 whole eggs should be part of breakfast along with some animal flesh and fruit.
    I was really hungry this morning, but mid-way through eating I became really full. To give you a rundown of where i'm at.
    Getting over a cold, so my appetitie was crushed for over a week.
    My appetite has increased since, but it's less than it was before getting sick.
    I'm not lifting at the moment, nor going to jits.
    The only activity I do is stairs several times throughout the day and walking.
    I'm also practicing portion control to an extreme, to get my appetite under control.

My food intake yesterday.
    -peptopro shake with leucine, then small salad and 2 whole eggs.
    -peptopro shake with leucine, then small apple and 2 whole eggs.
    -peptopro shake with leucine, then cottage cheese with pineapple ( bid handfull of almonds- forgot that ).
    -peptopro shake with leucine, then chicken parmesan with broccoli ( 1 and a half chicken breast ).

I went to bed hungry.

Today I am pretty hungry. My intake so far today-
    -peptopro shake with leucine, then a small corn chowder soup and 2 whole eggs. I was still hungry and started eating my apple, but I couldn't finish it.
    -peptopro shake with leucine. In a bit I will have something else, but I do have cottage cheese and more chicken parmesan and 2 whole eggs on hand.

As I get back to jits and lifting, I am sure I will be eating more. But to mention, I used to be a "2 big meal a day" kind of guy, but my appetite since eating smaller meals has dimisished greatly, plus the elimination of simple sugars has decreased my "urges", and bland food tastes much better- all the while rich foods taste waaay tooo much for my palette now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should mention this too. As much as I am digging eating "clean", it's hard to want to eat more of it- for now. My taste is currently switching over from rich foods, to bland good foods. It surely is mental, but I don't want to slip and eat junk food anymore.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should mention this too. As much as I am digging eating "clean", it's hard to want to eat more of it- for now. My taste is currently switching over from rich foods, to bland good foods. It surely is mental, but I don't want to slip and eat junk food anymore.
    steam that broccoli and munch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh.. More broccoli, yay..

I came home and was chowing on the chicken parm. Then the little lady chimes in and says I have to eat the broccoli too. So I douse it with vinegar and combine every bite of broc with a bite of chicken. Anyways, I am looking forward to more nuggets from John M's Q&A.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh.. More broccoli, yay..

I came home and was chowing on the chicken parm. Then the little lady chimes in and says I have to eat the broccoli too. So I douse it with vinegar and combine every bite of broc with a bite of chicken. Anyways, I am looking forward to more nuggets from John M's Q&A.
    Try throwing some grass-fed butter and a little sea salt on the broccoli.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    Try throwing some grass-fed butter and a little sea salt on the broccoli.
    That's what I had last night.
    Was killer.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question:
    Mountaindog - ok, so you have convinced me to try butter, please ease my wife's concerns that I am not going to drop dead of a heart attack from it.

Answer:
    Butter - I love butter....

Don't buy into the hype that butter clogs up your arteries due to the saturated fat content. Let me tell you what butter really does to your body.
    The Omega 3 to 6 ratio is perfect. That equals better health and better fat loss.
    It has palmitoleic acid in it, a monsaturated fat, that is very antimicrobial, and is key for communication between cells.
    The saturated fats are generally short and medium chain like coconut oil which protects us against infection..
    So you have good polys, good monos, and good saturates..

You get a very good dose of Vitamin A that absorbs easy..some would say the most absorbable form there is actually.

You get lots of trace minerals - chromium, zinc copper, selenium (also great antioxidant)..

If its from a grass fed cow - you get CLA.

Actually if it's raw/unpasteurized - you get this stuff called Wulzen Factor which prevents arthritis and relieves joint stiffness in many - that was a key discovery from Dr Weston Price...

So slather on the butter...!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I freakin love this thread! Thanks for the updates ctAL!