User Tag List

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Does anyone know if a cold shower still counts if you take 2 - 3 deep breaths first, and control your breathing for the first minute? I don’t feel shocked/overwhelmed by the cold when I do it this way so I’m not sure if it’s okay.
    Well, CD actually recommends doing the breath work right before the cold shower to minimize an adrenaline spike, so what you're describing is probably closer to what he recommends than gasping after a sudden shock.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Well, CD actually recommends doing the breath work right before the cold shower to minimize an adrenaline spike, so what you're describing is probably closer to what he recommends than gasping after a sudden shock.
    Thanks, I tried one round before my cold shower today, but my two Wim Hof breathing sessions (3 rounds each) haven’t been lined up exactly with my cold showers so far. I guess I can try doing multiple rounds of the breathing standing up in the shower, but I’m concerned about falling. Maybe just one round in the shower on top of the two full sessions would be okay.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few days ago I felt like I got a good portion of my pleasure back, and OQ as well. Maybe 40% or so. I’ve not really checked/tested lately since I don’t want to do that, but it seems like a good sign. The MW has been inconsistent. When I did fap last week, I didn’t feel a “hangover” / shitty feeling afterwards — instead I felt very sleepy, like pre-PFS.