Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
Interesting! I mean I know it is part of the protocol, but oddly enough its (for me anyway) probably the hardest aspect to stick to.
I never spent much time on propecia help, other than to read through some of cd's old posts, but I do recall this one fella who swears his pfs got cured after I think 4 months of nofap.
If someone just stopped finasteride for the first time, and they’re having PFS-type symptoms, NoFap can probably help a lot. Some guys report that they got huge libido boosts after stopping fin, and then they masturbated a LOT like 3 times a day for 4 or 5 days in a row, and then crashed. Maybe they would not have crashed if they’d refrained from masturbating, or maybe it would have happened anway.

There are guys whose PFS naturally goes away within the first 6 months (usually 1 - 3 months) and if the NoFap coincides with that, it can possibly help them get a natural recovery. But I haven’t heard of guys with long-term PFS curing it solely through NoFap, and I don’t think it’s normal for that to be enough. There are PFS guys with multi-year NoFap streaks, because they have no libido and severe ED. I’ve never heard of anyone with long-term PFS being cured solely by NoFap, but I have also never heard of anyone who fapped daily or almost daily being cured, period.

NoFap is important, and I struggled with it quite a bit. But I’ve changed my surroundings a bit and it has helped massively, I’m now on a 6 day no-ejaculation streak, which is my longest in over a year.

I think that maybe the neuotransmitters or chemicals that cause horniness can also be involved with or associated with healing the androgen receptors.

If you think about it, most guys with PFS basically don’t get horny. Sure, a lot of guys (including me) can and do have sex, but there’s no neon-flashing lights “SEX DRIVE” where you’re just massively horny in general, with no special stimulus. PFS libido is more of a situational thing, where you can get into it once it starts, but there’s no inner drive where you feel an extreme need for sex. I think that without real libido, the key to NoFap is to identify the habits and environment that trigger you to decide “okay it’s time to fap” and then make modifications to make it easier to avoid that thought process. That way you’re not relying heavily on your willpower, which is limited.

For me, it was ditching the silky underwear I slept with (at least ditching it while sleeping) and making some other changes to my bedding and such.